PT 425

/ PT 425 #1  

Schultz

Gold Member
Tractor
BX-2200
Looks like the price has gone up on the 425. They're now $9,000

/ PT 425 #2  
not a bad mark-up in less then 3 years. i paid $7500.00.

BUT:

Charlie and i went on a partial window shopping trip the other day. we visited Earth and Turf and ABC Groff in New Holland PA. Both handle a multitude of attachment vendors and manufacturers. we came to the conclusion, that pt is still a good bargain and solid construction ... except for their mowers, but i hear they are changing the spindles.

/ PT 425 #3  
<font color="red"> pt is still a good bargain and solid construction ... except for their mowers, but i hear they are changing the spindles </font>

I've had no spindle problem on the 72" in about 150 hours of use. I did have to replace the foam filled rear tires with a different hard rubber fill, but otherwise my mower has been acceptable once Sedgewood and I had experimented and selected blade designs and height adjustments.

ABC Groff represents a wide array of manufacturers, and makes some of their own products in turf equipment. Fortunately, despite seeing a lot of neat toys, all I spent was part of the cost of lunch - a great trip.

/ PT 425 #4  
You mean you violated the cardinal rule of viewing equipment with your wallet in your pocket, and survived the trip with only paying for sustenance??!!! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ PT 425 #5  
Yep - who'd a thunk it?

'course Bubenberg is talking about evaluation of a 2445 - requiring a trip to Tazewell.

/ PT 425 #6  
<font color="blue">a trip to Tazewell </font>

MUST SPEND MONEY /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quick, somebody slap me! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ PT 425 #7  
Mr. M.R. you are not just our best moderator but you show quite an ability to become, since you are of high birth, the next court jester in king pt's realm .. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ PT 425 #8  
Now that would be a great trip to be on. I can just see those two looking up and down the rows of neat attachments. Hope they bring a very large truck with them.
PJ

/ PT 425 #9  
You know, I've yet to meet an attachment I didn't like!

-Rob /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif