Gold Member
    Tractor
    BX-2200

Default PT 425

Looks like the price has gone up on the 425. They're now $9,000

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT425, Kubota L2050, 3 hydrostatic Exmark mowers. Z21D Kubota ZTR, 2 Kunz acrease wing mowers, 1 rough cut kunz mower, one vintage grasshopper ztr, one vintage gravely ztr, various large garden tracto

Default Re: PT 425

not a bad mark-up in less then 3 years. i paid $7500.00.

BUT:

Charlie and i went on a partial window shopping trip the other day. we visited Earth and Turf and ABC Groff in New Holland PA. Both handle a multitude of attachment vendors and manufacturers. we came to the conclusion, that pt is still a good bargain and solid construction ... except for their mowers, but i hear they are changing the spindles.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II

<font color="red"> pt is still a good bargain and solid construction ... except for their mowers, but i hear they are changing the spindles </font>

I've had no spindle problem on the 72" in about 150 hours of use. I did have to replace the foam filled rear tires with a different hard rubber fill, but otherwise my mower has been acceptable once Sedgewood and I had experimented and selected blade designs and height adjustments.

ABC Groff represents a wide array of manufacturers, and makes some of their own products in turf equipment. Fortunately, despite seeing a lot of neat toys, all I spent was part of the cost of lunch - a great trip.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

You mean you violated the cardinal rule of viewing equipment with your wallet in your pocket, and survived the trip with only paying for sustenance??!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II

Yep - who'd a thunk it?

'course Bubenberg is talking about evaluation of a 2445 - requiring a trip to Tazewell.

Tractor

<font color="blue">a trip to Tazewell </font>

MUST SPEND MONEY [img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Quick, somebody slap me! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    PT425, Kubota L2050, 3 hydrostatic Exmark mowers. Z21D Kubota ZTR, 2 Kunz acrease wing mowers, 1 rough cut kunz mower, one vintage grasshopper ztr, one vintage gravely ztr, various large garden tracto

Mr. M.R. you are not just our best moderator but you show quite an ability to become, since you are of high birth, the next court jester in king pt's realm .. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)

Now that would be a great trip to be on. I can just see those two looking up and down the rows of neat attachments. Hope they bring a very large truck with them.
    PJ

Tractor
    JD318, Power-Trac PT425 with scuffed-up green paint.

You know, I've yet to meet an attachment I didn't like!

-Rob [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Tractor

Now there's a quote! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]