314 KB · Views: 426
   / Well now I've gone and done it... #2  
You got my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Well now I've gone and done it...
You got my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Be patient. I'm really tired.

Reader's Digest version: It fits with no major modifications, but some machining is required. The first test run was very encouraging.

The engine is a Subaru-Robin EH90. The EH90 and EH99 seem to be more or less rebadged variants of the Generac GTH990. The EH90 is rated at 35hp, and the EH99 is rated at 40 hp. Both are rated as 999cc displacement, vs 720cc for the Robin EH65 & 72 series. Once the bulky accessories are removed, the actual engine assembly is about 1/2 inch longer, 1/2 inch taller, and slightly narrower than the EH72.

The greatest difference is in the PTO attachment. The EH72 uses a smaller pilot diameter and bolt pattern that is missing from the EH90. That required drilling new holes and boring a new recess in the pump adapter flange. I have a tired old metal lathe that got it done. I would think a real machinist could do it for a couple hundred bucks.

Other than that, it was measuring, drilling, filing, a bit of welding, and the occasional bashing with a big hammer.

And just in case anybody is curious, as the old Rolls-Royce ads said, the power is adequate.

/ Well now I've gone and done it... #7  
I want one! I think you realize that we want massive details. Get some rest now. Thanks for posting.

/ Well now I've gone and done it... #9  
Fantastic to see! Great job. You should be really pleased with your self and your work!

Thanks for sharing; this is wonderful to see.

All the best,

Peter

The engine is a Subaru-Robin EH90. The EH90 and EH99 seem to be more or less rebadged variants of the Generac GTH990. The EH90 is rated at 35hp, and the EH99 is rated at 40 hp. Both are rated as 999cc displacement, vs 720cc for the Robin EH65 & 72 series. Once the bulky accessories are removed, the actual engine assembly is about 1/2 inch longer, 1/2 inch taller, and slightly narrower than the EH72.

The greatest difference is in the PTO attachment. The EH72 uses a smaller pilot diameter and bolt pattern that is missing from the EH90. That required drilling new holes and boring a new recess in the pump adapter flange. I have a tired old metal lathe that got it done. I would think a real machinist could do it for a couple hundred bucks.

Other than that, it was measuring, drilling, filing, a bit of welding, and the occasional bashing with a big hammer.

/ Well now I've gone and done it... #10  
Great work!