So what would happen if PT Folded

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #11  
I think the only thing made in house is the cutting and welding of the metal and all other parts are purchased off shelf .

If you could buy the metal and weld, you could obtain all the parts and assemble a PT yourself.

Why do you think they wipe all ID's off their parts. They don't want you to get the same parts cheaper.

PT is an offshoot of their mining endeavor.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #12  
au contraire!

The fact that there are so many interchangeable parts is a real plus. You don't need to figure out what the correct replacement is for your Allis starter motor- it is readily available! Yes, PT takes the ID numbers off of things, but fundamentally, you could go into a hydraulic supply shop and say, I need a 15GPM 3000 PSI hydraulic pump, with double end fittings, and you would have the choice of several different vendors to drop in. Industry standard interconnects have some real pluses.

The components are great- these tractors are like the old Timex watches that take a lickin and keep on tickin. I think that they are truly amazing machines.

All the best,

Peter
You guys are trying to talk me out of getting a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ So what would happen if PT Folded
So who do we think makes the Cylinders. I have not found a source for these. Also, Ken, you bought those rims from a 3rd party. Do those match the "stock" rims? I was wondering if my 1850 had custom (PT) rims.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #14  
I think these cyl could easily replace the cyl on the PT.

CHIEF WTG Cylinders

As far as wheels, I had a wheel manufacturer in Jacksonville ,Fl, build two wheel assembly's for me .

/ So what would happen if PT Folded
At least on my machine, I kept bending the tilt cylinder and when I looked to get a good match, it turned out no one made that size that I could find. Not sure if they are off the shelf or not.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #16  
So who do we think makes the Cylinders. I have not found a source for these. Also, Ken, you bought those rims from a 3rd party. Do those match the "stock" rims? I was wondering if my 1850 had custom (PT) rims.

PT makes the cylinders. Actually, making a hydraulic cylinder is very simple. With a decent lathe and welder, and the exact dimensions, a motivated individual could easily make a replacement. Surplus Center has replacement cylinders with swivel ball ends.

The wheels are a very odd ball size for the 26". I've yet to find a source but need to. I'm replacing the wheel motors on my 425 and may go with 26" wheels since I have a full set of 26" industrial tread tires like I use on my 1845. Need to find a set of wheels. I suspect Kubota BX rears (and other SCUTs) would fit but those wheels cost more than replacements from PT. I bought my last set from PT.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #17  

PT makes the cylinders. Actually, making a hydraulic cylinder is very simple. With a decent lathe and welder, and the exact dimensions, a motivated individual could easily make a replacement. Surplus Center has replacement cylinders with swivel ball ends.

The wheels are a very odd ball size for the 26". I've yet to find a source but need to. I'm replacing the wheel motors on my 425 and may go with 26" wheels since I have a full set of 26" industrial tread tires like I use on my 1845. Need to find a set of wheels. I suspect Kubota BX rears (and other SCUTs) would fit but those wheels cost more than replacements from PT. I bought my last set from PT.

Why not just use 26x12x12 tires on the current wheels? I did, without any issues. IMO R1 ag tires give much better traction the R4 industrials. Only advantages of industrials are on turf or pavement, IMO.

BTW, the 5x4.5" bolt pattern is the same as used on Ford and Chrysler cars (not trucks) so that might be an option also.

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #18  
I think we would start generating a list of replacement parts. Somebody on here would start making PT made parts. I have great faith in the PT Forum guys

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #19  
I think these cyl could easily replace the cyl on the PT.

CHIEF WTG Cylinders

As far as wheels, I had a wheel manufacturer in Jacksonville ,Fl, build two wheel assembly's for me .

But those ends on those cylinders have grease zerks in them!!! hahahaha that would be an upgrade! :laughing:

/ So what would happen if PT Folded #20  
But those ends on those cylinders have grease zerks in them!!! hahahaha that would be an upgrade! :laughing:

Then it would not be an authentic PT. This would reduce it's value at the Power Trac shows.