Facebook

/ Facebook #11  
AAAHHHHH!!!!!
There's a picture of a 1989 PT430 with a Kubota Diesel!!!! :banghead:
Just identified your next upgrade?

I think you can shoe-horn a D1105 in there... just have to find room for the radiator and the fuel tank.

D1105-2_zpse81b025b.jpg

D1105-1_zps7595a639.png

...OK, so maybe it is a little bit too long (by about 6")... and height might be a problem too...

but it would be totally worth it.

Last edited:
   / Facebook #12  
Hey, just extend the back a foot, extend the hood a foot, raise the hood a foot, and adapt the pump shaft to the motor somehow and off you go. However, owners of older machines, like myself, don't have piggybacked pumps, so I'd have to adapt two pumps to it or buy new pumps.

If I was going to build one from scratch, I'd consider the kubota route, but I'd most likely go with a Chevy 3.0L (181ci) Vortec 4 cylinder gas engine. At 3600 PRM its right at its torque peak. And you can put a clutch on it! NO MORE STARTING UNDER LOAD!!!

/ Facebook #14  
And you can put a clutch on it! NO MORE STARTING UNDER LOAD!!!
Clutch would be a must-have. You could put one on the Kubota too, they make some bell-housings designed for it.

/ Facebook #16  
My guess would be the same reason they don't put Kohler's in them anymore.... they had to become a Kohler dealer, so maybe they had to become a Kubota dealer? Just a guess.

/ Facebook #17  
Moss, I am beginning to think after being down there and looking at things when I bought my machine that they just don't want to try to meet any of todays standards on things, or try to cut in on profit. I know I would have spent the extra money in a minute to have a machine the size of my 425 with a diesel in it, as the 1430 is just too large for the small acreage that I have, and could not get it into many places. I wanted to keep things small, but would like to have the low end grunt of a diesel.

My guess would be the same reason they don't put Kohler's in them anymore.... they had to become a Kohler dealer, so maybe they had to become a Kubota dealer? Just a guess.

/ Facebook #18  

My Ventrac has a Kubota Diesel. Not a Kubota dealer either.

/ Facebook #20