bush hog threw a blade

/ bush hog threw a blade #1  

Marks481

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 422 (2005)
No, not the first time, but this time was special.

You know what is worse that the bolt shearing off and throwing a blade?

Throwing a blade right into the side wall of your front tire. I got a hole I can stick my hand through. Don't think that one is repairable.

And these tires aren't cheap. Best price I found was $95 for the Carlisle Multi-trac C/S 23.5x10.5x12 turf tires I have on there.

Well that didn't make my day.

/ bush hog threw a blade #2  
At least it was the tire, and not you. Or the front "fire" wall with all of the hydraulic hoses on it.

Sorry to hear about it.

All the best,

Peter

/ bush hog threw a blade #3  
I threw a blade that took out the front tire on my dually parked across the road.

/ bush hog threw a blade
I am thinking I need to put a chain drag on the back of the brush hog. I also managed to hit myself in the face with a chunk of rock today. I am sure it bounced several times first, but it still wan't pleasant.

I also need to stop hitting rocks... but every winter it seems my pasture sprouts a whole new crop of baseball sized rocks.

/ bush hog threw a blade #5  
Try these guys out for the tires, (might want to call them first to make sure they have it) but think they are about $76 with free shipping.
Request Rejected

No, not the first time, but this time was special.

You know what is worse that the bolt shearing off and throwing a blade?

Throwing a blade right into the side wall of your front tire. I got a hole I can stick my hand through. Don't think that one is repairable.

And these tires aren't cheap. Best price I found was $95 for the Carlisle Multi-trac C/S 23.5x10.5x12 turf tires I have on there.

Well that didn't make my day.

/ bush hog threw a blade #6  
It trashed the url of the place I told you to check on the tires, so I sent you a private messsage

/ bush hog threw a blade #7  
Oh send at least the name of the company so we can all look it up.

For me I had a blade go off and stick into the drum of the blade next to it.

/ bush hog threw a blade #8  
Well, maybe not exactly the same, sort of an upside down bush hog of sorts. Pilot of a Bell Jet Ranger neglected to untie a chain he had on one skid. This did not work out so well when he tried to take off as the helicopter rolled over and smashed the rotor blades into the asphalt, throwing one chunk of blade through the airport office window and into a desk. No one injured. Happened in Napa, CA maybe 15 years ago.

/ bush hog threw a blade #9  
stopandgotires is the company that has the good prices most the time, but I just looked and they might not have the size he wanted, so might need to call and see what the have

Oh send at least the name of the company so we can all look it up.

For me I had a blade go off and stick into the drum of the blade next to it.

/ bush hog threw a blade
Try these guys out for the tires, (might want to call them first to make sure they have it) but think they are about $76 with free shipping.
StopandGo_Tires_Turf_Master

Thanks for the link, they have good prices. Unfortunately, those are the Carlisle Turf Master rather that the Carlisle Multi Trac C/S that I have on my tractor. I think the difference is that Mult Trac is a bit more robust construction.

They have the Multi Trac here, but don't have the size of tire I have:

StopandGo_Multi_Trac