PT 425 10 inch front cylinder pouring out oil

/ PT 425 10 inch front cylinder pouring out oil #11  
So yeah JJ, this is what they did to me as well, had me replace the Piston (this is what Dbetts is referring to). Dbets,if yours is like mine here is the process I use. Remove the hydraulic hoses. Disconnect the rod end from the tractor. Keep the cylinder end attached to the tractor.

Get a big pipe wrench, a big one. clamp the pipe wrench down on the cylinder cap. Accept the fact you are going to mar the heck out of the cap (DO NOT MAKE CONTACT WITH THE ROD - marks on the rod will ruin the seal at the very least).

Reef the heck out of the pipe wrench. One of my cylinders was so bad we had to put heat on it to get it apart. You are keeping the cylinder attached to the tractor so you can torque on the cylinder. Otherwise you get into needing a vice and it gets stupid quickly.

Once the cap is unscrewed pull like you mean it on the rod.

Check inside of the cylinder for debris.

I used an impact wrench to undo the piston.

I did not use any red on it when I replaced it (oddly tazwell said not to).

Pour oil over the new seals and push them back in. More than likely you will need a mallet to tap on the end of the rod to get the piston back into the cylinder.

/ PT 425 10 inch front cylinder pouring out oil
The piston is what they told me to replace. I decided to order one in case I need it for this rebuild, otherwise I will have it on hand in case I need it for the next one.
Woodlandfarms, thanks for the detailed instructions.
I anticipate seals arriving in the next couple of days. I'll let you know how it goes.

/ PT 425 10 inch front cylinder pouring out oil
I finally had time to look at the PT again this morning. The kit came in on Tuesday. The tear apart and rebuild took less than 20 minutes total and went precisely as described by woodlandfarms. I did go ahead and put in the new piston since I had it.
If anyone else is having the same problem I would say read the description by woodlandfarms and take JJ's advice: "Just order a cyl seal kit and do it yourself."
Thanks to both of you for the help.

/ PT 425 10 inch front cylinder pouring out oil #15  
Glad it was straight forward and you are up again! :thumbsup: