I'm Backkkk ! My old new 1425

/ I'm Backkkk ! My old new 1425 #81  
Yes, that tread pattern does look like a great compromise between turf & bar!

/ I'm Backkkk ! My old new 1425 #83  
I think its too rounded on the edges to provide side hill traction. But I think a lot of things that aren't so correct once you guys straighten me out. :laughing:

I like the long side-to-side uninterrupted passages for snow traction. And I like the footprint that looks like it won't tear up the grass.

I have three of these TURF MASTER/MULTI TRACs on my PT425:
turf-master.pm.png
And one of these TURF SAVERs :
turf-saver.pm.png
The turf saver causes more damage to my lawn and has worn noticeably more than the three turf masters/multi-tracs. I was in a pinch and needed the tire. The three original tires are still 90% as good as new 14 years later. The turf saver is about 50% at 7-8 years.

Both provide me with good traction on snowy pavement. Both provide me with terrible side-hill traction on snowy side slopes. I've never slid sideways down a dry hill with either. I've always been at the point of being too uncomfortable on the side slope before slippage has occurred.

Just my observations. Nothing scientific.

/ I'm Backkkk ! My old new 1425
I don't have excessively steep hills around my place.. But I do carry heavy loads off camber a lot of the time. And that may reveal some of your observations. I realize they are not used for Power Trac specific applications but are 4 ply and used on machines designed for general utility work..

Time will tell...

Attachments

• Thumb.jpeg
    Thumb.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 69
   / I'm Backkkk ! My old new 1425 #85  
Four ply is better than my two ply for sure. I can't count how many times I've run thorns through them, spun them off the rims, etc... at least two of them (maybe three even) are tubed and slimed and I still get flats.

/ I'm Backkkk ! My old new 1425
Well guess I timed that just right.. Went out this morning to chain saw and move some downed tree's the power company left in our front yard.. Got half way down the hill and realized the back right tire was flat would not pump back up.. If it weren't for the 4-ply bar I'm sure it would have spun right off of the tractor.. ;) Guess I get to test these new tires out faster than I thought..