Robin EH72 KIA

/ Robin EH72 KIA #1  

agjones

Platinum Member
Tractor
Rk55HC 4n1 fel/bh, Power-Trac 1850, 425d, Terex pt30, Kubota kx033, bx1880, yanmar 8x8 dumper, Magnatrac mh5000 w/ loader, six way blade & backhoe, Dew-eze ATM72LC Slope Mower, Terramite t6 4wd, DR Power brush mower
Tough week on the 425. I'm pretty sure 350 hours is on the low side for these thirsty tropical loving engines. My well maintained one just vanished all oil without a trace and ate it. The timing could have been better, but I won't miss its drinking habit. I've pulled it and we'll figure out if there's any rebuilding it...

By chance, I have a lower hp honda gx 630 or kohler command pro 20 to drop in. I'll have to eat it on the power for a while....Can someone cough up a wiring diagram to save me some time? mine is 3 hours away...and I need to make this thing mobile again quickly. If you can tell me what the harness wiring goes to by color it will save tracing time or send me an image of the page from the PT manual.

I asked PT for one, but I imagine that Christy will have to print the email out and fax it to Terry or Keith. <--Just ribbing them on the insistence on late 20th century methods...I couldn't do my work with out this machine. They build great stuff.

The rest of the tough week is that I had a trailer stolen with two critical PT implements! 48 inch brush cutter and my 1 13/16 wrench! Grrr.:thumbdown:

Thanks,
Andrew

/ Robin EH72 KIA #2  
My condolences. Less than 2 years old is rough.

20 HP will not swing your brush cutter very well. I have to take it slow with my PT422 with the brush cutter.

Robin 28FI in your future?

/ Robin EH72 KIA
Thanks, Since the brush cutter was stolen this week, I will definitely not be underpowering it.

I doubt there's a Robin anything in my future.

/ Robin EH72 KIA #4  
Rough time. Sorry for your problems.

/ Robin EH72 KIA #5  
I'm convinced its the confined space/heat killing these Robins. If you can figure out a way to shoe horn in a liquid cooled engine, definitely let us know.

/ Robin EH72 KIA #6  
My EH65 bit the dust at 104 hours. No leaking or burning oil, just got super hot one day and lost a rod. I just got it replaced with a Predator 670. Sounds like a similar deal. Full of oil at the start of the day and a puddle of burnt tar at the end of the day.

/ Robin EH72 KIA
Exactly the same. This story is entirely too frequent. I'm a huge fan of this machine and is capabilities. I think it is deplorable that power trac refuses to accept responsibility for an engineering shortcoming that is drastically reducing the life of an already substandard engine. How many power trac owners need to be refused warranty service by Robin/subaru before they actually do something about it?

My 425 is now running a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel, liquid cooled and thrifty. Screwbaru.

/ Robin EH72 KIA #8  
Details please! I'm curious which Kubota engine you have and what is the HP and fuel per hour on that engine?

(Where did you get it? What did it take to put it in? )

All the best, Peter

Exactly the same. This story is entirely too frequent. I'm a huge fan of this machine and is capabilities. I think it is deplorable that power trac refuses to accept responsibility for an engineering shortcoming that is drastically reducing the life of an already substandard engine. How many power trac owners need to be refused warranty service by Robin/subaru before they actually do something about it?

My 425 is now running a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel, liquid cooled and thrifty. Screwbaru.

/ Robin EH72 KIA #9  
Adjones, I used to think PT's were strange looking tractors. That Deweze takes the cake!!! A "motorcycle" tractor with training wheels.

Ken

/ Robin EH72 KIA #10  

Hi Agjones,

Sorry to hear about your engine problem. It's one of the reasons I haven't ordered a PT as of yet. I noticed you have a Dingo 322. I rented a tracked mini skid steer the past month just to play, to see if I might consider it over a PT425. The tracks really tore up the yard no matter how slowly I turned, so I ruled it out. I would be interested in your comments about your wheeled 322 Dingo versus the PT-425. If I could rent one I would try it out but I have not found a place in Charlotte that rents the wheeled Dingos. If Power Trac would offer a diesel option in the PT425, I would pay 3-4k more. Despite it flaws, it seems that the architecture of the PT just can't be beat.

Bill