Generalized Questions

/ Generalized Questions #21  
I've hit stuff with my 48" brush cutter that really scares me. Once, out by the highway, I hit a 4" ratcheting tie down assembly and strap. That came back and obliterated the left, rear wheel on the brush cutter. I've hit softball sized rocks that have bounced well over a hundred feet. I once was mowing along and hit some 2" branches. As one flew out, spinning away from me, I had time to think to myself, "That looks just like a boomerang..." and guess what? It went out about 50', turned around and came right back at me! Landed about 5' from the tractor! :eek: But by far, the worst thing I've hit has been dead turkeys. At least once a year, I'll run over a dead turkey and the maggots and smell about kill me! :laughing: The only thing I ever find besides the feathers, is a claw and the shin bone.

/ Generalized Questions #22  
OMG- rotting turkey carcasses. Wow, I can't even begin to imagine how bad it is to hit a maggot infested dead turkey.

If I thought they were out in my fields, I'd be mowing with an electrically powered gas mask. I nominate you for the TBN Order of Brush cutter Extraordinaire, the TBN OBE, to be referred to as Sir MR. :cool2: Go forth and keep the world safe for the rest of us.

All the best,

Peter

/ Generalized Questions
A dead Turkey tosser didn't know Power Trac made an attachment for that... :laughing:

/ Generalized Questions #25  
Yep, we have dozens of turkeys out there that roost in our pines. They'll cross the hwy in groups of 50-60 and its right over the crest of a hill, so BOOM! dead turkey. Then they lay in the tall grass next to the road for a couple days until I find them :p

/ Generalized Questions #26  
Man, I bet that rotten turkey would puke a maggot off of a gutwagon... eyuck.:yuck:

/ Generalized Questions #27  
Hit a dead deer once.. Overcomming....

/ Generalized Questions #29  
dead, smelly, jucy, flies, maggots, and it 'popped' when hit by the mower.

I had to avoid that area of the field for an hour till the aroma burned off in the sun and the wet bits in the tall brush dried, before I would drive thru again.

yummy. :(