Kohler clutch?

/ Kohler clutch? #11  
I got than 90" in just 24 hours back in 1992 I believe. Took 1/2 a day to shovel a path to the tractor and then a day to dig out with the FEL. The nearest town officially gets more than 90" a year but we get about twice that or more each year. Actually is one of the things I like about this place - I hate cold rainy days.

Ken

/ Kohler clutch? #12  
That is a nice looking clutch set up and I agree, being from cold weather country, it would make starting a lot easier. Have you checked on the price yet?

/ Kohler clutch? #13  
That is a nice looking clutch set up and I agree, being from cold weather country, it would make starting a lot easier. Have you checked on the price yet?
my google-fu is weak. That manual has no part numbers associated with the clutch, and I was unable to turn up a part number elsewhere, making it difficult to check prices.

/ Kohler clutch? #14  
Google-Fu is the word. I couldn't find an exact match either. The closest that I found is a 2423903S at Jack's small engine, but it is $1,000, and I am not sure it is the exact clutch. I'd be tempted to call Kohler. As far as I can tell many of their clutches have been discontinued. There are a bunch of electric clutches available for ~$200, if you know the shaft sizes.

I found a cross reference to a Rockford wet disk clutch that looks similar.

All the best,

Peter

Last edited:
   / Kohler clutch? #15  
$1100?

yikes. Not one of those in my future.

If I went to all the trouble of putting in a tub extension, it would be to shoehorn in a diesel engine or a water-cooled EFI engine.