Parts list for PT425????

/ Parts list for PT425???? #1  

jordanh

Bronze Member
Tractor
B6100 4WD gear shift
In researching these units I've come across a huge lack of detailed information about how they are put together, how their systems operate and what parts are used to put them together.

I know the basics....its got a gas motor with hydraulic systems running the wheels and implements.....but most manufacturers are more than happy to provide parts lists, close up photos and detailed descriptions of how their product is put together to convince you of the quality and intelligence of the design and construction. Power Trac has very little of that.

A few of you have some better pictures posted on your personal sites....I appreciate that.

But what I'd really like is a parts list for replacement parts and some description or pictures of how the hydraulics are plumbed, the articulation and oscillation joints, etc.

9 hours is just too far to go to look for myself and I've not run into anyone close to me here in Mid Mo with a PT.

Thanks!

:^D

/ Parts list for PT425???? #2  
What they need to do is to publish and sell a service manual if they're not doing this already. Then, they need to combine that with a web site and/or toll-free number so you can order whatever parts you need directly from them. Since there are no PT service centers other than the main one, they could make it really easy to fix these things in the field by the individuals that buy them.

/ Parts list for PT425???? #3  
all of the hydraulic stuff you get at your local tractor/hydraulic store. tires and wheels at the lawnmower store. so pick a lawnmower store that handles the engine, like for me the Kohler engine. if something major goes like an articulation joint, call pt and the next day it is at your door steps. any welding place can do that repair for you. what ever i could not fix ( i did not like to fix), any of the Kohler engine service places were able to help me out and our machine get's used very hard and most of the time stays on the open trailer summer and winter.
if they do all does niceties of publishing and more elaborate websites, handholding, like steiner, bobcat etc our prices are going up. is that what you want?

/ Parts list for PT425???? #4  
<font color="red"> Then, they need to combine that with a web site and/or toll-free number so you can order whatever parts you need directly from them. </font>

PT does have a service manual that comes with the purchase of the tractor. There have been comments in previous threads about the limitations of the documentation that PT provides but they do provide hydraulic circuit diagrams and electric circuit diagrams.

PT does offer toll free support if you have a question or a problem and that same number can be used to order parts. In my experience the answers to my questions have been helpful and parts support has been prompt--pay by credit card and they ship UPS.

/ Parts list for PT425????
Okay....all valid points but they do little to explain to me how this little unit fits and works together to convince me to spend my money on one over a conventional tractor.

So let's start with one part at a time and work our way up....

How are the wheel's powered hydrostatically? I understand there is an individual hydrostatic motor for each motor? What brand/model/specs? How are they mounted and attached to the Wheel?

What about hydralic pumps? 1, 2, 3??? Make/model/specs?

These are the things I'm curious about which I can't find anywhere.

:^D

/ Parts list for PT425???? #6  
They aren't going to tell you, because then you might go out and build your own. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Take my PT425, for example. The carcass is plate steel. I can get that at any steel supply house. That takes care of any body, chassis parts, as there is no plastic on the thing. That also covers all the lift arms, support brackets, etc.

The engine is a Kohler. I have several small engine repiar places locally(and a couple of Robin dealers, too, now) that I can get parts and/or service if required.

All the hoses are just hydraulic hoses. Any local hydraulic shop can make up hoses for me. I think NAPA can make them too.

All that really leaves is the hydraulic PTO pumps, the variable volume pump, the hydraulic valves, the hydraulic cylinders, wheel motors, tires and rims and those special joints that are all over the thing. If they ever get roasted, you have two choices. Get them replaced from Power Trac, or figure out what they are and get them from a second source.

Compare that to one of the big three tractor dealers. Lets say you roast the tranny in your JD. Where are you going to get a tranny for it. At the JD dealer. Same thing for NH, Kubota, etc... Power Trac is no different. They apparently contract out proprietary pumps and valves made to their specifications from major hydraulic manufacturers. I don't see anything wrong with that. If I lose a major hydraulic component, I'll try to figure out who manufactured it and see if I can get it cheaper somewhere other than Power Trac. If I was using the machine to make money and downtime is costing me, I'd buy the part from Power Trac. They are pretty prompt at shipping overnight. I'd be back in business very soon and back making money. I'm very happy with their product and service so far.

/ Parts list for PT425???? #7  
sorry, if again i have to be the one to say do a search, right here under pt. we have worked very hard Mr. M.R., Charlie, Sedgewood, paul and many mor to make this a place to help even the most basic mechanically inclined person , like me to have and operate a pt with minimal outside help. you will find, nomonclature for the old, the new wheel motors and someone even was chnging his to another brand. you will find substitute for oil and hydraulic filter partnumbers, that cost less than the one's from pt. we have hydraulic, electrical, mechanical engineers, and excellent craftsmen that have posted, their findings, contribute and explain things from simply cleaning a grease frozen zerk to putting a different motor, rewiring the total electric harness, prices and time it takes to do this tasks.

somewhere there is a link to partnumbers on someones site, if i remember correctly yahoo.

and in defence ot pt when and if you have trouble with your machine, except the weekends, Terry, who knows every model past , present and future or one of his rework and quality assurance team members, such as Eddy, etc can walk you through anything, and will tell you what you can do and what you can't as far as capability, warrenty, even if you are or have fabricated some sort of a modification or attachment.

on occasions, if it was more technical, i was passed on to one of the engineers. we deal with other companies in our heavely saturated equipment type business, landscaping, land clearing, light demolition and as of new a fencing division. there are companies that have all the glacy owners manuels, with which you won't do much repair work or order parts, or trouble shoot.

with pt if necessary we have turned the thing on and phoned Terry's shop and he could within limits tell what possibly we should check out, fix and if we needed small parts they were there by tha next noon at the latest, the same expediency applies to larger parts and attachments, they can be at your door step the next day if you are willing to pay. and to pick on another make this time ; no different from John /Deer.

/ Parts list for PT425????
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They aren't going to tell you, because then you might go out and build your own. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif [/qoute]

LOL.....so apparently you owners either signed a confidentiality clause or you are SO loyal you aren't willing to divulge and "secrets" on this highly unique and useful machine that anyone can build??? Hehehehehehehehe

just pokin' a little fun.....

Thanks to you both. I just need to find one close by and go crawl around it and satisfy myself it is what I need and I'm comfortable with how it is designed and put together.

I'll do more searches....I've seen some stuff but have not read everything.

/ Parts list for PT425???? #9  
jordanh,

If you want to find one nearby to crawl under, you'll have a lot more luck if you fill out your profile and let people know where you are.