Quad tires for PT Tires

/ Quad tires for PT Tires #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
Trying to think of why this would not work, outside of a clearance issue, but wondering if I could use a quad tire on the ol PT. Next year will be tire replacement year.... and as I have 11 tires to replace, gonna need some serious cash to pull this off. Found some quad tires I liked the tread pattern on and was just thinking it through.

/ Quad tires for PT Tires #2  
Just make sure the load rating will work. I can't find any specs, but I am guessing the PT weighs significantly more than a quad.

/ Quad tires for PT Tires #4  
I know next to nothing about Power Tracs. They look like a great machine. How is it you need 11 tires? I thought they had 8.

/ Quad tires for PT Tires
3 spares. When you are working in the woods, and on steep slopes sideways, you get rolloff a lot. stump will catch the tire with low PSI and mess your day up quick.

Load rating and bead strength, now where would a guy find that info?

/ Quad tires for PT Tires #6  
What tires do you have now?

I don't know where you'd find bead strength, but load rating I would think is the maximum load.

Try this link to the Carlisle site (I have these on my little 425) and you'll see some specs for tires.

I'd look for ply (more plys. In your case, WAY more pls! :laughing: ) and load rating.

/ Quad tires for PT Tires #8  
IMO, tires for ATVs/SxS simply will not work on a PT. They are mostly 2 ply, most with a load rating of 450-600 lbs. To find tires that will hold up to the heavier SxS requires careful research and selection - and even then, quality suitable tires will end up costing about $125 each ($100-150).

The PT application is FAR more demanding, because of the load that can be placed on the front tires, especially doing loader work. Remember that a "PT pucker" situation puts the ENTIRE weight of tractor, attachment and load on the front tires. Combine that with the low pressures used, and it requires a very strong sidewall to handle it.

Given where and how you use your PT, I'd recommend you use tires of 6 ply rating, even though you run duals all around. My two cents!

/ Quad tires for PT Tires
Ply on these ATV tires are 6 ply.... seems standard with the more agressive lugs

That said, load rating is barely 500lbs

Kenda Executioner

Looking at what Carlisles have seems like that is what kills the quads is the load rating.

/ Quad tires for PT Tires #10  
I'm running Deestone 6-ply rated lug tires.

The 26x12x12s are rated at 2250 lbs, the 23x10.50x12s are 1750, and the 23x8.50x12s are 1445 as I recall. If you shop around you should be able to get the for about $100 or less per tire.
2 23x8 50 12 Deestone 6P Super Lug Tires AG DS5241 | eBay