PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #1  

jordanh

Bronze Member
Tractor
B6100 4WD gear shift
Looking for PT owners in the Midwest. I live smack dab in the center of Missouri.

I really would like to find a local PT owner who would be willing to let me look at their machine up close as I am in the process of considering one for purchase.

Anyone is MO, AR, IL, IA or KS?

I've asked PT but got no response from them.

Thanks!

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #2  
I would also like to know who has what and where in the Midwest.

Thanks

Yooper Dave

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #3  
If we still had that search function available on the user profiles, this would be a lot easier! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #4  
Sorry, I'm in North Central Indiana. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #5  
I am located in northern Jefferson County in Missouri. The city of Arnold to be exact. I am the owner of Overkamp Yardscaping LLC and currently own a 1430 Power Trac and the 2445 Trailer Package complete with power rake. We store this equipment in our yard and work it hard in the field. We have now had the equipment for close to 3 years. Prior to these machines, we had an early model 1425 Power Trac. Please let me know if you have any more questions or would like to visit to take a closer look.

Bill

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #6  
Yardscraper,

Welcome to TBN. Glad to have commercial users aboard that rely on the equipment to make a living, you accumulate experience much faster than us that do it as fun /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. How many hours do you have on your machines, have you had any problems

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #7  
i see there is a repeat in history happening here, another session is underway /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

welcome to all of you out there and many happy returns, too bad i won't be around much for awhile, "spring has sprung" and i am off to the salt mine for 12-14hrs each day.

good luck

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #8  
I have approximately 400 hours on the 2445 and 300 hours on the 1430. They get used fairly often, but will be put to the test this season due to my company expanding. The machines will no longer have just 3 operators, we now will have 7, so we will see how durable they are.

As far as problems go, I do go through a lot of hoses. We replace blown hoses with extra heavy braided hoses. Power Trac does not use a heavy enough hose for all ot the straining work that is found on the commercial end. Other than that, I have had an issue with some silicone that was left in both the hydraulic tank and fuel tank that clogged up the filter and hoses, but Terry did walk us throught this and it was not too big of a deal. We have also beefed up the backhoe attachment. I have peeled one bucket right off of its brackets and sheared off the dipper arm pin. Power Trac has since changed the design of their backhoe by repositioning the pins in order to better distribute side to side torque on the backhoe. The only real complaint on the attachments is the tires that they use on them. The little air filled, light duty tires just do not cut it. We are replacing them with foam filled tires. Overall, I am pleased and always watching the factories progress on new designs. Next year I may trade up to the newer models in order to get away from cable adjustments. Talk to you all later, and thank you for the welcome!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #9  
When I bought my 425 I asked them if I could get foam filled tires for my brush hog instead of the air filled tires. The upgrade cost a little more but from what everyone that has the airfilled tires say about them I think it would be worthwhile to advise anyone that is buying an attachment that has these small tires to get the foam filled tires. Cost alittle more in the beginning but saved a lot more on repairs.

/ PT Owners in the Midwest? Missouri/Iowa/Kansas/Ar #10  
<font color="red"> I think it would be worthwhile to advise anyone that is buying an attachment that has these small tires to get the foam filled tires. </font>
I agree with a caveat. I had foam filled tires from Power Trac on the back of my 72" rough cut mower. They tended to take a crooked set if parked on uneven surfaces, and ultimately twisted themselves off the wheels. I replaced them with harder foam filled from a local supplier which seems to be holding up. The ones from PT had foam filled tubes. The new ones have foam in tubeless tires which adheres to the wheels.
I still have pneumatic tubeless guide wheels on the snow plow which manage to get flat and off the bead frequently. Someday, it's foam for them, as well.