Updated Chainsaw Mounts

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #21  
I'm a good one for burying chains. The only way I remember is when I go to leave, drive the tractor onto the trailer, and go to chain it down.... where'd that go? :confused3:

Wonder where in the day I buried it, then get a stick and start poking the sand! :rolleyes:

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #22  
I'm a good one for burying chains. The only way I remember is when I go to leave, drive the tractor onto the trailer, and go to chain it down.... where'd that go? :confused3:

Wonder where in the day I buried it, then get a stick and start poking the sand! :rolleyes:
Yep, found one of my logging chains when raking the gravel drive with my blanket harrow.

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #23  
I put everything on the floor around me, and it's a PIA. 9 times out of ten, I'll go get the Mule so I can haul everything I need in it's bed. Sometimes when clearing trees, I just have to cut them up into smaller pieces to get them to the burn pile, or to the firewood pile. That's when I have the chainsaw sitting on the floor along with a gas can, oil and my safety gear. Since most of the time I'm just going back and forth, I'm not wearing my goggles, gloves or hearing protection. I hate running out of gas, but would hate having to drive back to the shop to refuel my chainsaw even more.

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #24  
There's no floor to speak of on a Power Trak. Just foot wells. You kind of wear the thing....

PT425AndMe.jpg
452817d1452115881-updated-chainsaw-mounts-pt425andme-jpg

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts
You kinda wear the thing, priceless. I know I do, but it usually a thin film of oil and diesel exhaust.

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #26  
Ahh.... the picture above.... 14 years ago, proud new owner... kids were 9 and 4. I was 205... :laughing:

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #27  
When doing serious firewood etc, I pull a trailer behind the PT with saws, oil/gas, chains etc. When pulling logs out, i have a train of the PT, hay wagon, small trailer and swinging mini hoe on the front- works well.

Ken

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #28  
I didn't realize there was no extra space.

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts
Oh eddie, the PT is a fantastic machine, it really is, but there are these bizarre short comings that, well, leave all PT owners scratching their heads. I would say the biggest issue is that PT is a relatively small company, we can all get on the phone and speak with the guy who welded our tub or dropped in the engine, it is kinda cool to hear someone say "Oh, I built that". But we have a laundry list of cool and reasonable updates that PT chooses to ignore. Its an odd thing. But then again, we all think we have the most versatile machine on the forum, and that PT is a leader and not a follower.