Updated Chainsaw Mounts

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I carry my chainsaws on the engine cover, and had installed aluminum guards to hold them in place. The handles had been held down by two aluminum guards and then a long bolt with a wingnut went thru the guards and across the handles. But they constantly disappeared, vibrating loose and then the chainsaw would end up on the ground.

So I went on CL and found some hood straps to a Yamaha snowmobile that looked like a good find. Went to the hardware store and got a clothes hook..

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 353
   / Updated Chainsaw Mounts #4  
I might just borrow that idea!

Has the added benefit of getting a good coating of bar oil on the hood for added rust protection. :D

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #6  
Rust will never ever be an issue on my PT.

Mine was actually squeaking this morning! Haven't driven it in a month. No grass to mow and no snow to plow till this morning. Gave the ball joints a good soaking of Teflon lubricant and it quieted right down.

I've thought about putting my saw on my PT for trips into the woods, but I seem to rip everything off the tractor that gets mounted to it. Lights, fire extinguishers, heck, I've even ripped off half a dozen lynch pins from the rear pin hitch and the brush cutter front wheel posts just from backing through tough brush. I'm almost to the point of swapping the pins for bolts and lock nuts.

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #7  
Why not add a pin holder somewhere protected, like on the tunnel? That way the pin is handy when you need it, and out of the way of evil brush snatchers. (I leave mine on the shop wall until I need it.)

Love the mounts. It gave me ideas for all sorts of mounts.

All the best,

Peter

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts
So, my mounts are pretty cheese wiz. And there is a downside. If you are a frequent visitor of your engine, you will find it a PITA to constantly remove the chainsaw to get to the engine. Also, I used Aluminum to keep it all light as possible.

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #9  
Why not add a pin holder somewhere protected, like on the tunnel? That way the pin is handy when you need it, and out of the way of evil brush snatchers. (I leave mine on the shop wall until I need it.)

Love the mounts. It gave me ideas for all sorts of mounts.

All the best,

Peter

For the rear pin hitch, yes, that would work. For the ones holding the wheel's on, I was kinda surprised how many I've lost so far. I carry a bag of them in the toolbox on the trailer.

/ Updated Chainsaw Mounts #10  
So, my mounts are pretty cheese wiz. And there is a downside. If you are a frequent visitor of your engine, you will find it a PITA to constantly remove the chainsaw to get to the engine. Also, I used Aluminum to keep it all light as possible.

Why would you have to remove the saws? Looks like they're on the top and would tilt with the lid.