Buying Advice Can I use the T12 Snowblower on my T8?

/ Can I use the T12 Snowblower on my T8? #1  

pequeajim

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 425
I saw a local guy that is selling a snowblower on Craigslist. It is one for the T12 which has a larger attachment plate. That can be fixed as i have some spares for my PT425. My concern is that my pump will not have enough umpf to drive the larger snowblower?

Does any one know the answer to this question?

Jim

/ Can I use the T12 Snowblower on my T8? #2  
I don't think it would work because of the hydraulic flow difference and it is much larger in size than the one for the 425, 60 inches wide compared to 48 inch wide for the 425, I imagine the 425 would be too small to handle it. You could call Terry at Power Trac to make sure.

/ Can I use the T12 Snowblower on my T8? #3  
Weight is a big factor...I have the 425 and the snowblower for the 425. The snowblower is at the upper limit of how much the 425 can carry...so making sharp turns even on a slight downhill slope will lift the rear end.

While the snowblower is built like a tank and moves a boatload of snow, I am sad to say I have only used the (wicked $$$) snowblower a few times since I got it for the Winter of 2011. Seems I moved to a part of Vermont that doesn't get much snow (it all dumps in the Green Mountains to the West before getting here). So I really only use the blade. If you made me a very strong offer and were to come to pick it up I could be convinced to sell it! Write to me via email if you are interested.

/ Can I use the T12 Snowblower on my T8? #4  
Seems I moved to a part of Vermont that doesn't get much snow...So I really only use the blade. If you made me a very strong offer and were to come to pick it up I could be convinced to sell it!

It is all about prevention. Buying an expensive snowblower guarantees the snow stays away for years. Your neighbors should be thanking you and offering you gifts in the winter.

Sell that snowblower, and snowmageddon will come to your house next winter riding a white horse... your neighbors will be cursing you....

You should advertise your snowblower on the Power Trac used implement site... if it is in good shape, you could easily get 80% of the cost back.

/ Can I use the T12 Snowblower on my T8? #5  
Har! I have no doubt we will have historic snow when I sell my Powertrac T3239 snowblower, which incidentally I put up for sale in the classifieds here on 3/15/2016 for $2500. It fits the PT-422, PT-425, PT-2425 tractors.

/ Can I use the T12 Snowblower on my T8? #6  
Oh, man! Sell the blower, get a blizzard. Just like washing the car for rain. :laughing: