Harbor Freight into a PT422

/ Harbor Freight into a PT422 #22  
Phil

Thanks for posting. I will take a look.

/ Harbor Freight into a PT422 #23  
It does not appear that this swap would work for me, Shaft is 1/8" smaller in diameter and shorter. I am going to patch it up with about 85 dollars in parts for now. New Coils, push rods for one side, etc. and take it from there.

/ Harbor Freight into a PT422
Yeah, I had to buy half of a Lovejoy connector to mate with the smaller shaft diameter. But the shaft was too long and I had to cut off a couple of inches. If you need it, I can send that piece so you can make it longer ;-)

It would've been great if I could've repaired my motor for $85. You are lucky.

Phil

/ Harbor Freight into a PT422 #25  
Like phil said, lovejoy is not an issue. Nor do I think shaft length should be as well (unless it is a huge difference).

LoveJoys have three measurements. The size of the teeth (Usuall for us an L-XXX measurement, I have a L-110 for example). THen the next two are the shaft and keyway. One one of my machines it is a 1" with a 1/4key and the other is a 7/8" with a quarter key.

And then there is material, mine are all steel. Tons of places to get them so don't let the lovejoy be the thing that ruins your project.

/ Harbor Freight into a PT422 #26  
My zero turn is one of those "Mow'n'Machines" sold by Woods but made by others. In my case I think Grasshopper. I don't want to get to negative about the machine. Let's just say at this point it does not owe me anything but it's not worth putting much money into. Our property is on the market and I just want to keep things cut and looking good. Once we get settled into another place, I will be buying a new machine. I don't know how long the 85 bucks will keep me going but it's worth the shot.