3-Point Hitch Three point to quick attach.

/ Three point to quick attach. #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
Has anyone made the conversion from threepoint to quick attach.? Called Scott at PT, he is saying that it would cost anywhere from $1000.00 to $1500.00.

I have been trying to get mearsurements on a PT-1445 5/8 thick plate to build my own.

I know these measurements are not a secret, so would someone be kind enough to send me the measurement.

Thanks.

/ Three point to quick attach. #2  
I don't have the plate measurments for the 1445, but I was thinking about something similar.

Buy or make a PT QA plate for your particular series and mount it to a Speeco (or LandPride or WorkSaver) 3 point quick hitch. In addition, weld a stubby 2" hitch receiver in the middle and have a pretty versitile adaptor.

You could do similar with Pat's Quick Change but you would have to figure something for the top link.

In any event, if you come up with something please post a picture or two of it. I think many PTers would be inerested in such an item.

Rip

/ Three point to quick attach. #3  
I don't know if anyone has done it. I sent an e-mail to Power Trac a few months ago and suggested they look into the aftermarket 3pt quick hitch business, as their quick attach for the Power Tracs is pretty darn slick. Think about it. All they'd need is the male assembly mounted to a cross bar between the 3pt arms. Then a hydraulic cylinder for a top link. Another hydraulic cylinder to activate the quick attach locks, some hoses and two valves. Then they would just need a female plate for each attachment that the user wanted to use with it.

What sets the Power Trac quick attach appart from the rest is the hydraulically operated locking latches. Man, I could see myself in a big old conventional tractor backing up to my box blade, bump the implement, lift the 3pt, flip valve #1 to hook the implement, flip valve #2 to lock it, pick it up and go.

The only place they'd have some troubles with is allowing for the drive shaft on powered implements, but some sort of A frame instead of a cross member between the 3pt arms would do it. But we Power Trac owners don't have to worry about drive shafts, now do we /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Hee hee!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Three point to quick attach. #4  
Hi Guys check this out -

http://www.asvi.com/2800_attach_detail.cfm?WorkToolID=58

seems to me all you would have to do is weld a quick attach somehow to this unit - It looks like it mounts to the frame instead of the arm - probably to make the unit more rigid and stationary - but I am sure you can put it on the arm - One other nice thing about this unit is it all plugs into the PTO hydraulics and it even includes a hydraulic motor that is splined so you run regular three point implements - (Skid steers have a swith to direct flow to other places as part of the standard PTO Aux hydraulics - which would hve to be rigged up on the PT) with
This is the only one I found like this

/ Three point to quick attach.
Check out SkidSteerSolutions.com.

/ Three point to quick attach.
I didn't mean for this post to go in the wrong direction. I am trying to convert all my pt attachments to the quick attach system. It should not be as expensive as pt quoted. My lifting arms are on 16" centers. Are the quick attach setup on 16" centers? thanks

/ Three point to quick attach. #7  
<font color="red"> My lifting arms are on 16" centers. Are the quick attach setup on 16" centers? </font>

I don't know if this is relevant to what you are looking for but I have listed the mounting dimensions (to the lift arms) for the 1845 quick attach male assembly here.

Sedgewood