Just checking in

/ Just checking in
I was thinking more like you pay half and it would be both of ours, but we'll just keep it at my place...

/ Just checking in #24  
A PT Will operate in water, shallow of course. A PT425 watercraft. I can testify to that.

I have a 422 and recently test drove a 425 and 1430. I have 10 acres and concluded that the 425 is best for my purposes. Of course I can use my existing attachments. Don't overlook the extra cost of the 1430 attachments. I like be the 422, but it is 16 years old with 1200 hours. I have decided to just keep using it.

/ Just checking in #25  
I bought my PT-422 in November of 1999. While it is old and the hydraulic oil cooler is leaking, I too had decided to keep using it even though I really want a PT-425. Saturday morning the engine in the PT-422 died. I started pulling the engine to find I have hoses that are cracked and I still need to put my new wheel motors on it. Power-Trac is still running their 10% off sale so I will pick up my new PT-425 on Friday. Now I can take the winter to do a proper rebuild on the 422 without having to do without a tractor.

/ Just checking in #26  
Congrats on the new machine! :thumbsup:

What are the plans for the original, once its rebuilt?

/ Just checking in #27  
His and Hers?

Actually, there have been a number of times I have wished I had two tractors like when I am clearing and grading areas on my property. Using the box blade and bucket on one while having the stump grinder to cut roots on the other. Or when I want to work on the tractor, but don't want to have it out of commission and unavailable while I do the work. I have never been able to justify (rationalize) it until now. When I started taking the 422 apart, I saw enough things I need to or want to do to it while I have the engine out, and with winter coming, it just made sense to get another tractor. The 422 has been good machine (except for the finicky Robin engine) and will still be a good machine with a little TLC.

I remember BobRip talking about his old Kubota and saying how he tended to leave an attachment on it rather than changing attachments because of the hassle of changing attachments on the 3-point hitch. I guess this is a testament to how spoiled Power-Trac users are when I complain about changing attachments that involve the hydraulics.

I have been reading the threads involving engine swaps. I am now trying to decide if I want to go back with the same Robin engine or switch to Kohler or something else. At least I will have time on my side now if I decide to change to another engine brand.