Deestone Tire Review

/ Deestone Tire Review #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So i am posting this to the PT Forum as the tires I am using are probably only useful to PT owners.

As you guys know, I am getting rid of all of my tires. They are, quite frankly beyond dead. In looking at new tires, I first consulted the factory. As my tractor is slope oriented, we discussed my general needs (I am not always at sever slopes) and decided that instead of a 4 ply tire I should look into a 6 ply as the 8 ply would probably be too stiff.

In looking, I reviewed the Deestone, The Carslisle (Factory) tire, and a Firestone version. I paid $64 for my tire, plus 27 for shipping. On top of it, I am paying $30 per tire to have tubes and mounting done.

The Carlisle were either 4 ply or 8 ply and were either 135 a tire shipped or 195 a tire shipped

THe Firestone were either 4 ply or 8 ply and were 195 or 215 a tire shipped.

6 Ply seemed to be a bit of a unicorn. and as money is always and issue, I started to tlook hard at the deestone. Thailand made, they have been in business for 30 years. So after much mulling I decided to pull the trigger on them.

On iniitial blush I would say I am not unhappy, but not happy. The jury is out. From the pictures you can see the deestone are an inch narrower. As I am not severe slope, this difference shouldn't mean to much, but what I do notice is that the rim lip is much more exposed due to this configuration. This is what concernes me. On these dualies, the rims get chewed up.

Second issue is the ribs. They are only a half inch or so thick (depth is the same as the other tires and 3/4"). The other tires are 3/4 to 1" thick on the tread. But there are many more ribs, not much gap inbetween.

THe height appears about the same ad the carlisle and the Firesone. The pictures show the tire with weight on it so.

In the end, time will tell.

Oh, in Image 1 the tires are (from left to right) a skid steer tire (I have 3 of them, 12 ply, undamagable), a Carlisle 4 Ply, my only Firestone 8 ply, and the Deestone 6 ply.

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpg
    IMG_2714.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,362
  • IMG_2715.jpg
    IMG_2715.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_2716.jpg
    IMG_2716.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_2717.jpg
    IMG_2717.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2718.jpg
    IMG_2718.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2719.jpg
    IMG_2719.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 369
   / Deestone Tire Review #2  
My guess is you'll probably get pretty good traction on soft soils with the new tires due to the narrower ribs will sink in easier than the wider ribs. As for how long they'll last.... you're the person to test 'em! :D

/ Deestone Tire Review #3  
I've sold about 40 Deestone 15x600x6 6 ply rib style tires for hay tedders over the last couple years. Only had one complaint so far.

/ Deestone Tire Review #4  
I have 4 Deestone tires on my 1845 6 ply and I have had no problems or complaints about them. 2 I have had for about 3 years and 2 for a little over a year. Like you said the tires are not quite as wide as the old tires on the 1845 and the tread is not as thick so I do not expect them to last a long time with deep tread.

/ Deestone Tire Review #5  
I'm running 26x12x12 Deestones on my PT-425 (with larger wheel motors). They are not wearing as well as the original TruPowers that came on it, but overall, they're OK, especially for the $$.

/ Deestone Tire Review #6  
Carl,

Have you considered the fact that the bottom of the tread on the ground is 12 in when the tire is inflated to a certain pressure.

The tire looks sort of rounded at the top, but will be a litter flatter on the ground with weight or a certain amount of air.

The recommended air pressure on the side of the tire may not be your best pressure.

The recommended pressure is for the max amount of weight each tire is supposed to handle.

If your machine is less than the total amount of all tire weight limits, you could use less tire pressure.

Don't really know, but just saying.