Case/Ingersoll 646 hydraulic tiller - adapt to PT?

/ Case/Ingersoll 646 hydraulic tiller - adapt to PT? #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Hey guys:

I just stumbled across a hydraulic 3pt tiller from a Case or Ingersoll 646 garden tractor. It's 43" wide, and is turned by a hydraulic motor. I'm thinking of picking this up (if I can get it cheap enough) and adapting it to the PT-1418.

Does anyone know what flow rate and pressure this tiller expects? I remember a PT owner on here used to have (or was at least very familiar with) one of these Ingersoll garden tractors, and I was hoping someone might know the pressure and flow rate, or at least know where to tell me to find the numbers...

Thx!
Dave

/ Case/Ingersoll 646 hydraulic tiller - adapt to PT? #2  
Dave,
Did you try the Ingersoll website?

/ Case/Ingersoll 646 hydraulic tiller - adapt to PT? #3  
The flow rate for the Ingersolls PTO is about 9.5 gal/min at 3600 rpm and 2000-2100psi. Therefore your PT would run the tiller a little slower, but I think it would power through anything you want just fine.

Tim

/ Case/Ingersoll 646 hydraulic tiller - adapt to PT?
Hey MR:

I did, and as far as I can tell, looks like it's probably a little more flow and just a little less pressure. In all likelihood, it will work just fine...

Thx,
Dave

Thanks for the post. I agree...as long as it's close, it will likely work just fine...

Thx,
Dave

/ Case/Ingersoll 646 hydraulic tiller - adapt to PT? #6  
The pumpkin orange tiller might match your PT rig?

Yes, indeed!

The seller is in Chicago, and doesn't want to ship. Hmmm....anyone here live in Chicago, and willing to be paid to pick up something and ship it to me?

Dave