Used Power-Trac

/ Used Power-Trac #1  

scarg

Bronze Member
Tractor
PT 422 Mod to kawi 29HP FD791
Greetings,

I live in Upstate NY about 20 miles northeast of Saratoga.
Does anyone know of any Power-Trac Dealers in my area for used equipment?

Best Regards,

Steve

/ Used Power-Trac #2  
Steve,

Power Trac has not used dealers since about 1998, they only sell factory direct from Tazewell VA (extreem SW virginia). Check their web sit out Power-trac.com for good info on various models and even a used one now and then.

There are quite a few PT owners all over New England, a number of which would be happy to let you take a close look and even test drive.

Once you are familiar with the various models, this forum has a classified section and Ebay periodically has them as well.

Just letting folks here know you are interested may open the door. I just bought a nice used 1845 from a member of this forum, so they are out there.

Rip

/ Used Power-Trac #3  
HI If you would like to test drive a newer PT425 , I live in Rochester NY. If some one is closer jump in. I love my PT & bought it sight un-seen. Some poeple wont , so let me know if you want to give her a whirl. Brian

/ Used Power-Trac #4  
By the way, there is a used PT-425 listed in the classified section of this site located in east Texas.

You may have to dig for it, as it is several pages down. There are actually numbers for additional listing pages hidden in the blue bar at the bottom of the screen! Look carefully.

Rip

/ Used Power-Trac #5  
I live in New Paltz, NY and have a Power Trac 422 thats 3 years old, with the 60" mower deck, 48" roto tiller and the rock bucket. Its an interesting machine but you need to be careful with the mowing deck design, it has cost me alot of money over the 3 years I've had it. You can take a look if you like or ask me questions about it if thats a model you were interested in.

/ Used Power-Trac #6  
it has cost me alot of money over the 3 years I've had it. You can take a look if you like or ask me questions about it ..............i havent bought the mower yet i have a 425 and not sure of why it has cost you alot of money and being that i have just sold my commercial mower wondering to i need to try to rebuy it

/ Used Power-Trac #7  
<font color="red"> the mowing deck design, it has cost me alot of money over the 3 years I've had it. </font>

Please let us know what problems you've had and how you've fixed them. I recall a thread a while back about reinforcing some areas, and Bubenberg has lost spindles, but I'm not aware of a pattern of problems that have been widespread.

/ Used Power-Trac #8  
Welcome to TBN and the family of PowerTrac owners.
PJ

/ Used Power-Trac #9  
pt is located just south of wva. on rt.460 west of bluefield wva. take 79 south through pa. to the wva. turnpike, west on rt.460 1/2 an hour and your there /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Used Power-Trac #10  
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry to hear of your mower troubles. What kinds of problems have developed?