As Long As We're Dreaming

/ As Long As We're Dreaming #1  

catsco

Silver Member
Tractor
PT425
As Long As We\'re Dreaming

Thanks all for the input re: PT425, etc.

Think I'll order shortly.

AND, while I'm thinking, dreaming, and always thinkg about 'improving' machinery, I had a thought (for those who keep track of such things, this is the 3rd or 4th this year).

Since PT tells me that the hydraulic motors for the 425 are about $350, do you think it would be possible to make a trailer with powered wheels run from the PTO output? Regulation of flow, balancing, would need some thought.

This might be really cool, or, at the very least, a way to make life easier -OR- give yourself 15 minutes of fame in tractor injury/death reports.

Going up and down a hill slowly with a reasonable load could be safer with 2 or 4 more wheels driving.

I though about this after having some experience with powered wheelbarrows and rock hauling equipment at quarries.

Please restrict comments to the idea, not the idea hamster (unless it's really funny) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark H.

/ As Long As We're Dreaming #2  
Re: As Long As We\'re Dreaming

<font color="red"> Since PT tells me that the hydraulic motors for the 425 are about $350, do you think it would be possible to make a trailer with powered wheels run from the PTO output? Regulation of flow, balancing, would need some thought.
</font>
Now there's a neat idea.
I have a dump trailer that I routinely push with the 1845. PT has their dump trailer with the bracket for the bucket, so you can push it somewhere, load it, then push it back. If you take one or the other and mount hydraulic motors on the axle flanges (using the soon to be released Catsco adapter kit) and a surge-brake tongue slide with two way spring load so compression of either spring activates a valve to the motors until the spring is no longer compressed ...
And then you can sell them through Bubenberg's someday-to-be-announced Website For Peculiar Attachments.com (sounds sexy, huh) /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ As Long As We're Dreaming #3  

Great ideas Charlie.

Since my garden tractor is also hydraulic driven, I've thought about this every time I get stuck in the garden with my tailer, which is every spring.

Depending on tailer size, perhaps some savings and load advantages could be realized by using another hydraulic motor coupled to a car, truck, or garden tractor rear axle differential?

Tim

/ As Long As We're Dreaming #4  

<font color="red"> If you take one or the other and mount hydraulic motors on the axle flanges (using the soon to be released Catsco adapter kit) and a surge-brake tongue slide with two way spring load so compression of either spring activates a valve to the motors until the spring is no longer compressed ...
</font>

... or using the same wheel motors, wheels, and tires as is on the tractor, rig some quick connects to put the added wheel motors in series with the tractor wheel motors...

... saving the aux for the dump cylinder ...

... or buy a PT truck

... or, enough already, the Chancellor of My Exchequer will never approve that much fun /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sedgewood

/ As Long As We're Dreaming

Charlie Iliff, Schultz, Sedgewood:

You guys totally get it!

Given enough time and money, this, as all dreams, can become reality.

I'm only lacking two of those things. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Regarding the CATSCo adapter (to be developed on a day whose name does not end with 'D-A-Y', watch the space between these brackets for add'l. information:

[ ]

Mark H.

/ As Long As We're Dreaming #6  

<font color="blue"> Depending on tailer size, perhaps some savings and load advantages could be realized by using another hydraulic motor coupled to a car, truck, or garden tractor rear axle differential? </font>

Someone somewhere here on TBN posted pictures of(I think) a powered trailer that had large boom poles on it. As I recall, the thing was made out of the rear end of some vehicle, and they put a hydraulic motor onto the differential to help power it. Oh, yeah, it was Taylortractornut... Here's the link.