Slope mowing - new tires

/ Slope mowing - new tires #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
Well, what the heck was I waiting for. this tractor is entirely different. Holds the slopes, tons of traction.

I have battled this slope for years, the ground is real loose and I tend to just slide down the hill. Its not a ton 35 degrees max but the old PT held its position straight across even with the crumbly dirt holds the wall.

Wonder what 4 ply 6PSI tires would be like.

Attachments

• IMG_2742 (1).jpg
    IMG_2742 (1).jpg
    79 KB · Views: 322
   / Slope mowing - new tires #3  
Well, what the heck was I waiting for. this tractor is entirely different. Holds the slopes, tons of traction.

I have battled this slope for years, the ground is real loose and I tend to just slide down the hill. Its not a ton 35 degrees max but the old PT held its position straight across even with the crumbly dirt holds the wall.

Wonder what 4 ply 6PSI tires would be like.

You mountain goat types give me the willies! :laughing:

/ Slope mowing - new tires #4  
I cut hills like that a lot with my 60 in Dixie Chopper going at a 45 degree angle up and down.

I slid down a wet slop and a 4 ft embankment one time and it nearly killed me. The mower landed on tip of me still running. I hurt for a long time.

/ Slope mowing - new tires #5  
I have to do those type slopes all the time but I still pucker a lot.

/ Slope mowing - new tires #6  
Are the new tires from PT are they something special?

/ Slope mowing - new tires #7  
Nice. That is some extreme mowing.

/ Slope mowing - new tires
Yeah Roadhunter, when you hit 40 degrees you know it for sure.

Farm23 Not sure about your question. I believe PT still uses Carlisle. They are a quality tire, and you pay for the quality. Here in PT Land we call the tires Balloon Tires, I guess cause they are sort of round and can run with very little air (4-6lbs for extreme slopes on 4 ply tires, I run 8lbs on 6ply which gives me an all around type of tire)