Another tale of a breakdown (electrical multiple event).

/ Another tale of a breakdown (electrical multiple event). #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
So got the hose situation more or less worked out. To do the hoses I pressure washed the tractor multiple times.

Went into town to get some supplies and the wife got onboard to move some rock. When I returned she said that the tilt seat was no longer working...

I know there was significant rubbing on that electrical line, so dug in and found a bare spot. Pressure washer must have exposed it. Some electirical tape and off we go. Well, in about 5 minutes the tractor stops dead, circuit breaker blown. I get back on the tractor, reset and it runs for a minute or two and fuse blows. Now I watch the voltage guage on reset and it is jumping all over the place.

Back to the barn and I run a whole new line for the seat leveler circuit. My cousin who repairs giga yachts had brought me some marine grade wire for the project and within 15 minutes I had a whole new circuit run.

Back out to the rock pile where the wife is and the circuit breaker pops again... WTF... I restart and I start giggline wires, working my way around the tractor, thinking that maybe I pulled something loose pulling hoses or pressure washing. Nothing is makeing the voltage meter not stop jumping all over. So I continue around and I get hold of the Temp Sensor. The wires are burning hot. I quickly look at the fan and it is not running. AHAA.. I go grab a screw driver and spin the fan. It is clear the bearings are short for the world. But I get the fan to start spinning and the voltage needle settles back to a nice 12.5 and everthing is good, but the fan sounds like a cat in a blender but is turning. I had purchased a couple of years agao a replacement fan but had not installed. Back to the shop, and in under 15 minutes new fan is on and I am up and running again.

Woo hoo.

/ Another tale of a breakdown (electrical multiple event). #2  
478209d1471758042-another-tale-breakdown-electrical-multiple-p2297_p_v7_aa-jpg

Attachments

• p2297_p_v7_aa.jpg
    p2297_p_v7_aa.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 234