Going to Tazewell

/ Going to Tazewell #1  

SMJ

Tractor
Power Trac 1445
I have been following in this forum for the past month. I’m convinced that the PT is for me. In fact I have scheduled a trip to Tazewell next month. I have acreage in southern Indiana that is quite hilly and has a recently cut gravel road 1mi. long. There are lots of brush to clear and trails to cut. Several acres are in grass and will require mowing. Some of the mowing will have to be on a slope of 21° or so. The driveway has several 11° slopes. Some of the trails have 30° slopes. I have concluded that although the PT 425 a great machine, I need something with more power. In Tazewell I would like to look at a PT 1430 or PT 1845 with single wheels. As far as attachments I am considering the brush cutter, grapple bucket and box blade. I have a couple of questions. Are the diesel engines oil, water or air cold? Will the dirt/snow blade move gravel? What is the best way for transport from Tazewell particularly if you don’t have an adequate trailer and it needs to be delivered to your property? Any other comments would be appreciated.
SMJ

/ Going to Tazewell #2  
Welcome to TBN.
Enjoy your trip to Tazewell.

I think you are correct to go with a 1430 or larger, the 1445 & 1460 are great machines also. I'm not up on the 1845, we do like our 1850, 1430, and 1460. Be sure to get a machine large enough to do your job.

The blade can be used to grade and level loose material but it takes some skill and many find it eaisier to use a bucket or box blade.

Deutz F1011 engines are oil/air cooled. The heat is absorbed into the engine oil and then pased thru an oil cooler on the engine, air is then blown thru the oil cooler thus blowing the heat out of the engine compartment. Deutz sells 30 to 40K of these engines in the USA each year. If taken care of the 1011 should last 5000 to 10000 hours.

We haul everything ourself, but I think PT has private haulers at a good price.
EB

/ Going to Tazewell #3  
Thanks for sharing and welcome. We all will be looking forward to your experience at tazewell.
PJ

/ Going to Tazewell #4  
Welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We had our PT425 shipped by Overnight freight company. It arrived at a local trucking terminal and I picked it up myself. The shipping to South Bend two years ago was about $500.00. That is cheaper than what I would have cost me to go there, since I would have had to rent a tow vehicle and trailer.

/ Going to Tazewell #5  
Good thing you don't want a 425, as they're all sold out and Scott says they don't plan to have any until the end of June... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif