Deutz thermostat

/ Deutz thermostat #1  

joshlee

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1430 Year made 2016
Is it normal for the 1430 to only get up to 100 degrees after running for about 7 minutes (ambient temp 65 degrees.) Also, when I add oil to the Top Oil Fill Up when it is cold, should I notice the oil level went up on the dip stick? Thanks everyone.

Josh

/ Deutz thermostat #2  
Adding oil when cold sometimes results in an erroneous dipstick reading, or so I was told by some old guy when I wasn't an old guy yet. :)

/ Deutz thermostat
Adding oil when cold sometimes results in an erroneous dipstick reading, or so I was told by some old guy when I wasn't an old guy yet. :)

Ha ha, people are going to be calling us the "wise old-timer." I'm just wondering if that new machine has a thermostat that is staying open?

/ Deutz thermostat #4  
The thermostat staying open might be a cause. I have no thermostat in my suburban, and that's usually the case... never gets very warm ever.

/ Deutz thermostat #5  
It does take a couple of minutes to warm up. The engine is cooled by oil, which is then cooled by air. There is a bit of a thermal lag. The fact that the air cooler flows over the whole engine, but not the oil initially, also keeps the engine cooler in the starting minutes.

The dip stick should change on the Deutz; you are putting oil directly into the oil pan, unlike some older cars where oil was added to the rocker arm covers. The latter took awhile to trickle down to the oil pan. My issue is getting a long funnel into the opening to be able to add oil easily.

All the best,

Peter

/ Deutz thermostat
This D 2011 also has a oil fill cap up at the valve cover. I take it your's doesn't?

This machine leaks a little right where my 425 does; at the piston pump\ gear pump interface gasket. Probably, about 1 drop every hour or so.

Josh

/ Deutz thermostat #7  
My bad! Sorry.

I have a F32011. The oil fill is in the engine block, just above the oil pan.

All the best,

Peter

/ Deutz thermostat
So, the 1850 has a special kind of oil pan for mowing on slopes?

/ Deutz thermostat #10  
I dunno. It looks like the pan in all the pictures I have seen. I have not sensed that the stock deutz is different but I will ask next time I call in.