PT-425 on snow

/ PT-425 on snow
I just have a 54" blade on the front of the JD 420 that I turned into kind of a snow push box. If I buy one next summer, it will mostly be used in the Spring/Summer/Fall, but needs to do light snow duty especially in early winter when I am building my base. I could get buy with a lighter duty cable or strap type chain, especially if the unit had all wheel drive. Pushing is not sometimes the worse part, it's backing out of the pile a little up hill on ice or wet slush that sometimes gets my JD stuck. I would be going with the turf tire like on the JD, that seems to work best with just about any type of chain unless you wanted to go studs. Thanks..!!! [ here is20hp a couple pictures of what I want the PT-425 to replace.. 4 AllisC 100 pound suitcase weights on back, chains on rear, and cheepo push box... 20hp Onan hydrostatic 2 wheel drive with two speed locking rear axle ]

Attachments

• SAM_0847 (Large).JPG
    SAM_0847 (Large).JPG
    298.4 KB · Views: 96
  • SAM_0848 (Large).JPG
    SAM_0848 (Large).JPG
    277.7 KB · Views: 94
   / PT-425 on snow #12  
I'd think that once you try a power-angle plow on the FEL arms of a PT425, you'd be fairly happy....

Think if you could lift that pusher box on your JD 4+ feet up? I regularly (like back in the old days when we'd actually get snow in winter) pile snow up 6' high with my 2001 PT425.

Just curious as to the rear tire size on that JD. They look a tad taller than the PT425, but if they are close, maybe your chains could be re-used on a PT?

/ PT-425 on snow
The rears are Goodyear 26X12X12, about 24" high mounted. I could not find the PT-425 size yet..... but I am looking.. :)

/ PT-425 on snow #14  
23 x 10.5 x12 on my pt422 I am sure the pt 425 is the same size

/ PT-425 on snow
Are those turfs??? If I bought a pt425 I would get turfs... Thanks...

/ PT-425 on snow #16  
Mine has turfs on it but the ag tires would be the same size, I find the turfs to be pretty good in snow as long as it is not real deep.

/ PT-425 on snow #17  
and thats why I love having the backhoe mounted behind me all the time.......gets me out of all the "situations" I tend to put myself into.....lol.....I think with light snow work and chains you shouldn't have any problem.......I've been through 12 winters with mine now and consider it the best investment I could have made.......Jack

Pushing is not sometimes the worse part, it's backing out of the pile a little up hill on ice or wet slush that sometimes gets my JD stuck.

/ PT-425 on snow #18  
I didn't know you moved. I was just in Seattle yesterday. Will have to look you up next time I am up
You would have missed me. I am up near Nanaimo on Vancouver Island... seems like I am up here every other week lately (work).