Snowblowing

/ Snowblowing #1  

DHD

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I'm considering getting an additional tractor for snow blowing and some mowing.
I presently have a Kubota B7800 (27 hp @ pto) with 64" rear mount snow blower.
My snow blowing area has doubled in size and I'm looking to get another tractor with a front mount snow blower to reduce the use of the Kubota (and myself the operator) along with be a back-up in-case of breakdowns.
My wife would operate the front mount snow blower.
I was considering the PT-425 with the PT snow blower, but from the little info I can find, it appears the PTO @ 8 GPM in the PT-425 may not be adequate in deeper snow or wet snow, and I understand the snow blower maybe a little too heavy for the 425 when maneuvering ?

Would the PT-1430 with the 60" PT snow blower and PTO @ 12 GPM be adequate for deep snow or wet snow ?
Or am I better off looking at another 30 hp Kubota B series tractor with front mount snow blower ?

I'm sure I could find many more uses for a Power Trac once I had one, but my primary concern is snow blowing.

Last edited:
   / Snowblowing #2  
I don't know off-hand of anyone on TBN that frequents the Power Trac forum that has one of their snowblowers. Maybe someone will chime in.

/ Snowblowing #4  
I have run a B7800;I would think a PT would never compare to one;more of a toy.Not trying to offend any PT owners.

/ Snowblowing #5  
The PTs run between 25 and 60HP, depending on the model. "Toy" is a relative and loaded term, and dependent upon the actual usage.

I have run a B7800;I would think a PT would never compare to one;more of a toy.Not trying to offend any PT owners.

/ Snowblowing #6  

As others have mentioned.... there's more than one PT model. I used to own an IH2500b tractor loader. 8000# machine with 50PTO HP and a 3/4 yard bucket with a 10' reach. It was a beast for power. But for my needs, the little PT425 ran circles around it.

/ Snowblowing #7  
Kent from VT here...used it once this year just for fun and to cut back plow banks, but I still don't need it here and it is still for sale!

/ Snowblowing #8  
Hello, I am trying to decide between the PT425 and the 1425 for #1 clearing fallen trees in a shelter belt and #2 blowing snow that can be 2-3 ft deep drifts. Would appreciate any feedback.