Back from Tazewell!

/ Back from Tazewell! #11  
Congratulations and for making it home safe.
I never considered that I was not supposed to work the tiller out of float. I have used the tiller on only one major project so far. It was for making a 48 inch wide path for planting a hedge 90 feet long. I put the tiller into float and tilled backward the entire length and then tilled going forward in float the entire length. Worked great but then the ground was almost flat.
PJ

/ Back from Tazewell! #12  
We use the tiller in reverse in float with good results.
EB

/ Back from Tazewell! #13  
Hey Danny - I have the 48 inch tiller and found that it does a good job - especially for the cost of the attachment - some other units out there are nicer with a flap to leave the soil really smooth but they are more money - with respect to tilling in reverse - I find that it works great in either direction -and in float or with down pressure - you will find in reverse you kind of stop / creep and it really works good.

My only complaint is that it seems to get rocks caught fairly easy - maybe due to narrow clearance between the tines and the housing - and the PT does not have a reverse switch on the PTO to clear it - so you have to stop - turn off the PTO and put downpressure on the tilller and back up to get the rock out - seems it would be nice to have a reverse switch - wonder why nobody here has made that mod yet? hmmm

PS that is one heck of a trip you made - Good luck with your new PT!!!

/ Back from Tazewell! #14  
Congratulations on your purchase. I have a 422 with the tiller I find that it works well if you do not have many stone. I also use it in float most of the time and in reverse, you can creep as slow as you want once you get used to the petals. Good luck and have lots of fun using it.

/ Back from Tazewell!
Thanks to all for the encouragement and tips about the rototiller. I will try float as soon as I get around to tilling my garden.
More picture attachments form the trip.
This first pic is of Scott demonstrating the PT425 with the 10 cu. ft. bucket.

Attachments

• 425541-PT2-2.jpg
    425541-PT2-2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 218
   / Back from Tazewell!
This pic is of me testing the 48" Finish Mower at the Tazewell demo site.

Attachments

• 425551-PT56-2.jpg
    425551-PT56-2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 216
   / Back from Tazewell!
This is another pic of Scott, with the 10 cu. ft. bucket loaded full.

Attachments

• 425555-PT60-3.jpg
    425555-PT60-3.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 222
   / Back from Tazewell! #18  
Scott will be going on his honeymoon very shortly.
PJ

/ Back from Tazewell!
Another pic. Here is a row of diesels ready to be put to work.
Sorry about the picture quality, my Sony Mavica is only 1.2 MP and does not do well with either too much or too little light.

Attachments

• 425633-PT17-2.jpg
    425633-PT17-2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 212
   / Back from Tazewell!
Here is a row of PT422's with Scott, myself and my wife Betty in the picture. My 16 yr. old son, Derek is the cameraman.

Attachments

• 425640-PT19-2.jpg
    425640-PT19-2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 216