*FINALLY* Going to Tazewell

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #1  

Impulse

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-425 (2017)
The old house is gone now and unless something drastic happens between now and Friday, I will be departing towards Tazewell with an empty trailer and coming back with a full one. I am looking forward to assimilating and becoming one of you. #TeamPowerTrac

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #2  
Where at in Tazewell? East Peoria, Pekin, Morton, where?

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #4  
The old house is gone now and unless something drastic happens between now and Friday, I will be departing towards Tazewell with an empty trailer and coming back with a full one. I am looking forward to assimilating and becoming one of you. #TeamPowerTrac

WHATCHA GETTIN?
WHATCHA GETTIN?
WHATCHA GETTIN?

:laughing:

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell
Going for the PT-425, 60" mower, 4-in-1, mini-hoe, utility grapple, blade w/squeegee & wheels, power rake, post hole digger, and regular rake.

Right now trying to figure out what I'll need for straps to tie all this down. I have no idea what the attachments weigh. I'm borrowing a 16' tandem trailer. Will be calling them tomorrow to see if it is doable with that.

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell
The LMB may also have been on the list... don't have it in front of me. Going for the turf tires, no arm rests.

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #7  
I have the 60" mower for 16 years. I'm about to change my 2nd belt. When you get home, find a replacement belt from a 3rd party, buy it, and keep it in a safe place. Some day you'll need it and its not easy to find that day. Trust me on that one. Also, find some extra blades and keep them on the shelf as well.

I have the 60" power angle snow blade for 16 years as well. Love it! It came standard with wheels back then.

LMB (large material bucket) is my go-to bucket. Hauls lots of loose material. Its my most-used attachment after the 60" mower.

We are still on our original turf tires (16 years). One I shredded on sharp rocks (my fault 100%). They are still 90% of new tread.

I have the arm rests.... would NOT be without them. Super handy when running (and I mean all-out 8mph) in REVERSE! Great for leaning out and watching the edge of the mower along fences, too. I would order them again in a heartbeat.

You might want to consider pallet forks. Extremely useful! :thumbsup:

We have an 18' car hauler trailer. I can fit my PT425, two buckets, forks, 60" snow plow, 60" finish mower and 48" brush cutter on it no problem.

When I ordered our PT425 back in 2001, all of those attachments plus the PT loading ramps came on just two (2) skids. With a 16' trailer, you may want to ask PT if they can skid up your attachments and band them, and if they can load them on the trailer for you. They are really good at packing those things for minimal skid usage.

I picked up our PT425 at the freight terminal and used it to load the attachments into one pickup truck, and used the PT loading ramps to drive the PT425 into a 2nd truck with the snow blade attached.

So, in two 8' pickup loads, I had:
PT425
60" finish mower
48" brush hog
10 cubic foot light material bucket.
5 cubic foot rock bucket with teeth.
Pallet forks.
60" power angle snow plow.
Loading rams.
PT425.

So that all fit in 16' X 4' wide area.

Good luck on your trip. :thumbsup:

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #8  
I wouldn't want to be towing a trailer (full or empty), but a visit to Burke' Garden would be worth the time as long as you are in the vicinity. I am sure it has changed since I was last there, but it was (and I hope still is) a beautiful area.

Burke's Garden, Virginia - Wikipedia

Steve

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #9  
I agree with Moss regarding arm rests (I assume they swivel up and out of the way) and the forks (unless you are going to make your own). Extra attachment plates might be worth it if you are the type to modify existing equipment to use on your PT.

Ken

/ *FINALLY* Going to Tazewell #10