hydraulic oil leak near left front wheel

/ hydraulic oil leak near left front wheel #21  
PB Blaster is great stuff.

/ hydraulic oil leak near left front wheel
Guys,
I should have said clockwise or counter clockwise from the perspective in the photos. That is, looking at the machine as an observer outside the machine as in the photos. Clockwise/counter clockwise get reversed if you look from the perspective of someone sitting in the driver's seat. I don't understand how the connectors are set up so I MUST know CW and CCW from a particular perspective.

Thanks for the info on PB Blaster. Where can it be bought?

Thanks,
Ken

/ hydraulic oil leak near left front wheel #23  
There are two hexes on the actual hose end. The one closest to the "hose" you hold still. The other one is the fitting that you treat as though it were the cap of a jar.

Ken

/ hydraulic oil leak near left front wheel #24  
As further clarification, that fitting (treated as a cap of a jar) is part of the hose and is not the threaded to JIC adapter that is screwed into the motor. So looking from the hose towards the motor, you want to go ccw to loosen.

Ken

/ hydraulic oil leak near left front wheel #25  
Guys,
I should have said clockwise or counter clockwise from the perspective in the photos. That is, looking at the machine as an observer outside the machine as in the photos. Clockwise/counter clockwise get reversed if you look from the perspective of someone sitting in the driver's seat. I don't understand how the connectors are set up so I MUST know CW and CCW from a particular perspective.

Thanks for the info on PB Blaster. Where can it be bought?

Thanks,
Ken

PB Blaster at most auto parts stores.

When working with threaded objects, always look at it from that object's point of view as it relates to the next mating thing in line. They always go clockwise to tighten, and counter clocwise to loosen, unless they are left handed thread, which is rare.

Working from your wheel motor, back, you have a nut that tightens the 90 degree fitting to the motor. Facing the machine, put a wrench on that nut to the left of the fitting, and pull it towards you with your left hand. That will loosen that nut. If you look at that nut straight down towards the wheel motor, you can see that that direction would be counter clockwise, or lefty-loosy.

That 90 degree fitting would back out of the wheel motor in the same, counter clockwise direction. But you can't take the 90 degree fitting out of the wheel motor until you take the hose off of the fitting.

Look at the hose from the hose's point of view as it goes into that 90 degree fitting. You have to go counter clockwise with that as well. So, facing it from outside the machine, as you are, put one wrench on the hose fitting that is closest to the rubber hose to hold it in place with your right hand. Then put a second wrench on the nut(its not a nut, but we'll call it that) closest to the 90 degree fitting, to the left, and pull up on it with your left hand. That will be counter clocwise from the hose's point of view, but from you view being on the outside of the machine, that will look like clockwise to you.

Make sense?

Righty-tighty, lefty-loosy, when looking at it from the object's point of view, not your point of view.

Guys,
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate you guys and the PT forum. I think I understand the hose fittings now. I will give it another shot today. It turns out I have PB Blaster and used it on the fittings yesterday. Hopefully I can get the fittings to move now. Thanks again. - Ken

Hi Guys,
I got the hose connectors loose (yea!), but now I have a problem getting loose the bolts holding the wheel motor on. My socket wrenches won't fit in the space available and my adjustable wrenches are messing up the hex edges. Doused the bolts with another spray of PB Blaster. Tomorrow, I'm off to NAPA to get a box wrench that will fit in the space I have. Will let you know how it goes. I probably will have more questions before the whole job is finished. Thanks once more for your help. - Ken

/ hydraulic oil leak near left front wheel #30  
Glad you got 'em off. Good luck on the next ones.