PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #1  

CreativeGuy

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac PT-425
Greetings,
The delivery of my new PT-425 has been delayed because of the Huricane in Florida. (So many shipping trucks have been rerouted to deliver supplies to Florida and Texas.)

But that has allowed me time to save up some more pennies for attachments so I have added the 4 cu ft cement mixer to my order. I was wondering how other users have "enjoyed" their mixers? I really like the idea of mixing and delivering the cement right to where it needs to go.

Does anyone have a sense as to how many 60 lb, 80 lb and 90 lb bags of cement can be mixed safely?

Cheers & Thanks You
Steve

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #2  
The 4Cu Ft. represents the total capacity of the mixer, i.e. in the fully vertical position. In actual use, you won't be able to mix much more than 1/3rd of that. You will be able to mix quickly and dump where you want it easily.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #3  
Steve, we are very very good at spending your money. What are you plans with the machine? Concrete mixing is inviting but it may make more sense to have a larger mixer and dump into a bucket to deliver.

Of my implements, my box blade has become my least used item (I have a lot of implements, a few home made).

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity
Re: PT-425 Cement Mixer Hydraulic Connection

OK, My 425 Arrived on Tuesday and I'm so pleased with it. I did get the cement Mixer and have a question about Hydraulics. I was presuming that the hydraulic lines to run the mixer would plug into the accessory circuit that is controlled by the switch. But it's meant to be plugged into quick attach circuit. I called Terry at PT and he said that they have done it both ways but figured that people would want to reverse the direction of the drum spin. The problem for me is that I like to have the mixer turning while I add or adjust water and amendments to the concrete. I can't do this if I have to be in the cab controlling the circuit. I will oftem be mixing by myself and wont have a friend to control from the cab for me. Should I ask PT to send me a new set of lines that can plug into the attachment circuit or just have some made for me here?
Cheers,
Steve

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity
Hi,
I plan lots of small concrete projects. small pads, concrete planters and such.
Cheers,

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #7  
You can unscrew the current (1/4?) couplers that are on it, and screw some of the larger (3/8"?) couplers in their place, and plug it in to the PTO couplers.

Bet it will spin a lot faster with the PTO hydraulic source. If you want to be clever, you could buy a hydraulic block that would let you reverse flow direction and mount it to the cement mixer.

Or even better, mount it in the engine compartment so you can reverse flow all your PTO attachments. PHD, tiller, and trencher all need reversing at times (tiller and trencher tend to get rocks stuck in them; since you can't reverse, you have to whack them out with a hammer).

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #8  
You could add water with a wand from the cab but you would not be able to easily see how the mix is changing nor easily add other things. You could have chutes etc but can you see the mix from inside the cab? You could add another hydraulic circuit like i did but for this application, since you let it just spin all of the time, it would be much easier to change the fittings or make adapters like has been mentioned.

Ken

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #9  
You might need a flow adjuster unless the mixer can handle the PTO flow.

/ PT-425 Cement Mixer capacity #10  
I would just tie a rope or a rod onto my QA... No... wait... You can't cause you have not yet modified your QA handle....

That is one of the very first mods is to add an extension to your QA Handle. We can refrence it for you. THen you can just add a rod or a rope and you pull on it as you need it to turn.