Hour meter question

/ Hour meter question #1  

dturnmire

Bronze Member
Tractor
Pt-180
My PT-180 didn't come with an hour meter but I believe it was Terry that gave me a used one he found with 3 hours on it. I've been waiting for three hours use before I installed it but the console cover doesn't want to come off.

Also the console cover is about twice as large as the meter itself so if I manage to get the cover off and install the meter there would be quite a hole left. My concern is rain getting into the space not covered by the hour meter. Has anyone installed one?

Also how do your keep track of how many hours are used if you don't have a meter? I assume there is a safety factor built in so if you don't hit the eight hour mark exactly for maintainence there would be no harm. Thanks.

/ Hour meter question #2  
I keep track with a log that I make an entry in everytime I use or service it!

Another idea I've thought about though... you could get one of those bicycle computers that keep track of time. I'm not sure where you'd mount it for the wheel.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Hour meter question #3  
I have seen several after market hour meters for small gas engines. Some even have a maintenance setting that you can program for maintenance intervals. They were pretty reasonably priced.

/ Hour meter question #5  
Sears carrys a universal hour meter - check it out for size. Cost is around 9 dollars.
PJ