Quick Soft Cab

/ Quick Soft Cab #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
Doing some work on my old Power Trac this weekend ... I redid some of the wiring for the Lights and wired in a separate switch for the Hydraulic cooling fan.. The thermostat was bad when I bought it ..

I could have ordered another one but like the idea of knowing exactly when it's on or off. These machines get so hot in the summer time. When doing heavy work I like the idea of being able to leave it on ...

Tested it this morning it was around 20 degree's, at first I noticed the hydraulics running a little slow with it on.. But as I did some plowing it warmed up and it ran perfect ..

I put in a new gas petcock while I was at it. The old petcock was hard to use so now it stays in the open position. The new one works much better. Put some powerful magnets in the oil tank strung on a wire. I'll be curious to see how much metal I collect after using it for a while.

I also bought a Golf Cart cover a few years back it was stored in the garage.. Decided with the freezing temperatures around here this week I would rig it up.. As you can see the clear window is still wrinkled pretty bad but I'm sure as it sits in the garage a lot of that is going to relax and smooth out. The pictures don't really tell the story..

It's very easy to see everything outside from the inside just the way it is.. Of course when the snow fly's things will get a little bit blurred but I am counting on being able to see out just fine...

Wishing everyone a happy 2018 ..

Attachments

• IMG_8190.JPG
    IMG_8190.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_8232.JPG
    IMG_8232.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_8242.JPG
    IMG_8242.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_8239.JPG
    IMG_8239.JPG
    191.4 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_8251.JPG
    IMG_8251.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_8265.JPG
    IMG_8265.JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_8282.JPG
    IMG_8282.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_8274.JPG
    IMG_8274.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 545
   / Quick Soft Cab #2  
Nice job on the cab. That'll keep the wind off you nicely! :thumbsup:

What's the wiring and device in the first picture?

/ Quick Soft Cab
Nice job on the cab. That'll keep the wind off you nicely! :thumbsup:

What's the wiring and device in the first picture?

Thanks..

Cab easy on, easy off and easy to store until next winter. Doing snow removal last year got old with the sideways wet snow. By the time I was done, I was soaking wet from the waist down..

The wiring is just a central Terminal Block connected to the Battery with protective fuses and tucked away with a rubber cover .. Screws in the middle make it fast and easy to wire in any new switch's accessories etc ..

/ Quick Soft Cab #6  
Your cab looks very functional if not quite elegant! I’ve been wondering about flexible vinyl windshields, no way to rig up a wiper? Seems like snow would want to stick, at least the heavy wet snow we sometimes get here.

/ Quick Soft Cab #7  
Your cab looks very functional if not quite elegant! I’ve been wondering about flexible vinyl windshields, no way to rig up a wiper? Seems like snow would want to stick, at least the heavy wet snow we sometimes get here.

I have one on our Kubota L3830 (which has a 7' front mount snowblower), I haven't used it in heavy wet snow yet, but I think I should be able to tap it from the inside and have it all fall off.

Aaron Z

/ Quick Soft Cab #8  
I've got soft vinyl windows on my portable ice fishing shanty. Nothing sticks to them much, as far as snow goes. However, if it gets above freezing inside, the snow on the outside melts, and the water droplets form on it, yes, just a quick tap and off it goes. Sure beats getting your upper thighs soaked sitting in the tractor seat, I'd bet.

/ Quick Soft Cab
Time will tell ... :drink:

/ Quick Soft Cab #10  
I am surprised at your result, Have several friends who discarded the soft plastic side panels because they claimed the view was distorted, affectedted depth perception. They changed front panel to glass.