Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    438
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Tractor
    Power Trac 2425

    Default Soft Cab Too

    thanks to barry's inspiration I added a soft cab to my pt.......wish I had done this years ago......since I have a tall boy my size parameters were a little different as well as the engine would be sitting inside the cab so I needed the flexibility to adjust the sides to make sure I would get enough air flow for the engine cooling........after looking at what was out there I settled on the golf cart cover from classic accessories.....got it from walmart online for $75.......add in some spring clips and total is about $85.......all the golf cart covers are much bigger in size then what is needed for a pt.......they go by roof size and my roof is about half as wide and the length much shorter too.....so it was important to get one where the side panels could be adjusted in height and this one has zippers at all the corners as well as on the door panels.......rolling them up and cinching the corners allowed me to fit it to the pt.......it does get very warm inside with the heat from the engine but by zipping the door panels up or down I am able to control the heat much like a damper does.......vinyl window is not window glass clear but plenty clear enough for plowing.......rear view is a bit restricted and I will deal with that next winter........granted the look is NOT going to change anybodies mind about the design aesthetics of the pt.....lol.......but over all I am pleased..........Jack

    Soft Cab Too-img_5692-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5693-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5694-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5695-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5698-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5699-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5700-jpg

  2. #2
    Epic Contributor MossRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    34,577
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana (near)
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    Very nice!
    MossRoad

    Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!


  3. #3
    Veteran Member Barryh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,442
    Location
    Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
    Tractor
    Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    Quote Originally Posted by jfh28 View Post
    thanks to barry's inspiration I added a soft cab to my pt.......wish I had done this years ago......since I have a tall boy my size parameters were a little different as well as the engine would be sitting inside the cab so I needed the flexibility to adjust the sides to make sure I would get enough air flow for the engine cooling........after looking at what was out there I settled on the golf cart cover from classic accessories.....got it from walmart online for $75.......add in some spring clips and total is about $85.......all the golf cart covers are much bigger in size then what is needed for a pt.......they go by roof size and my roof is about half as wide and the length much shorter too.....so it was important to get one where the side panels could be adjusted in height and this one has zippers at all the corners as well as on the door panels.......rolling them up and cinching the corners allowed me to fit it to the pt.......it does get very warm inside with the heat from the engine but by zipping the door panels up or down I am able to control the heat much like a damper does.......vinyl window is not window glass clear but plenty clear enough for plowing.......rear view is a bit restricted and I will deal with that next winter........granted the look is NOT going to change anybodies mind about the design aesthetics of the pt.....lol.......but over all I am pleased..........Jack

    Soft Cab Too-img_5692-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5693-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5694-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5695-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5698-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5699-jpgSoft Cab Too-img_5700-jpg
    Myself I could care less about looks, it's Functional convenient and it works ... Nice job !
    Barry
    __________________________________________________ _____

  4. #4
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    438
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Tractor
    Power Trac 2425

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    Quote Originally Posted by Barryh View Post
    Myself I could care less about looks, it's Functional convenient and it works ... Nice job !
    yup....I'm with you.....my comment was tongue in cheek based on that other thread.....lol.....looks like I'll be able to check out how well it works in snow this weekend........Jack

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Barryh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,442
    Location
    Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
    Tractor
    Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    Quote Originally Posted by jfh28 View Post
    yup....I'm with you.....my comment was tongue in cheek based on that other thread.....lol.....looks like I'll be able to check out how well it works in snow this weekend........Jack
    Barry
    __________________________________________________ _____

  6. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    438
    Location
    Poconos, PA
    Tractor
    Power Trac 2425

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    currently have blizzard conditions with 50mph winds so will be trying this out in some of the worst conditions we get around here......Jack

  7. #7
    Epic Contributor MossRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    34,577
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana (near)
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    Yikes! We lost all our snow and ice a week and a half ago. Some trees are starting to bloom.

    Get some pics of your machine in action!!
    MossRoad

    Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!


  8. #8
    Veteran Member SpringHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,314
    Location
    South of Rochester, NY
    Tractor
    Power Trac 1850, NH 2120

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    18" of wet snow here. I actually had to back up and take a lighter cuts a few times when gathering snow with the snow pusher.

    Ken
    PT1850, mini hoe, grapple, stump grinder, brush hog

    http://www.usadiscountgenerators.com...T1850Home.html

  9. #9
    Epic Contributor MossRoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    34,577
    Location
    South Bend, Indiana (near)
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    Wet heavy is no good. Any power outages out there?

    We had 50's and blue, blue sky.
    MossRoad

    Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!


  10. #10
    Veteran Member SpringHollow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,314
    Location
    South of Rochester, NY
    Tractor
    Power Trac 1850, NH 2120

    Default Re: Soft Cab Too

    I know some people 100 miles away, said 11,000 were without power there but I did not hear the news for here. I do not think there were lots of power outages.

    I thought I was going to have lots of trouble with the 1/4 mile 15-20 driveway but with the V-plow, I only had to backup twice so I can not complain.

    Ken
    PT1850, mini hoe, grapple, stump grinder, brush hog

    http://www.usadiscountgenerators.com...T1850Home.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Soft cab
    By sawash in forum Snow Removal
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-23-2015, 10:52 AM
  2. Canopy need help with soft cab
    By bx2230orange in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 11:02 AM
  3. Soft Cab or plans to build a steel cab
    By CK35GUY in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
  4. soft cab
    By Sam V in forum Mahindra Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2009, 06:37 PM
  5. soft cab
    By hagman in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2018 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.