3-Point Hitch 3 Point Hitch

/ 3 Point Hitch #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bill, Most 3pt implement need to be lifted and set up for the job. Although you can drag a box blade or scraper, it will be down all the time. You could also build a rig with a hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower things, but I would think it would be hard to see what is going on behind you. )</font>

Looks like you were thinking the same thing on visibility, only faster! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Or perhaps less verbose..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3 Point Hitch #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Bill, Most 3pt implement need to be lifted and set up for the job. Although you can drag a box blade or scraper, it will be down all the time. You could also build a rig with a hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower things, but I would think it would be hard to see what is going on behind you. )</font>

Looks like you were thinking the same thing on visibility, only faster! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Or perhaps less verbose..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 3 Point Hitch #23  
Maybe really crazy here, but J_J's response somehow gave me a couple "wild tangent" ideas. If blade work was the only task (this might preclude the BB due to power required for the width this would take, but a simple blade should be fine): A couple motorcycle (or whatever) mirrors might allow you to see the two corners of a blade.

Then with blading as the primary tasks, you'd only need 2 spools (which you probably already have) as a standard toplink would be fine.

/ 3 Point Hitch #24  
Maybe really crazy here, but J_J's response somehow gave me a couple "wild tangent" ideas. If blade work was the only task (this might preclude the BB due to power required for the width this would take, but a simple blade should be fine): A couple motorcycle (or whatever) mirrors might allow you to see the two corners of a blade.

Then with blading as the primary tasks, you'd only need 2 spools (which you probably already have) as a standard toplink would be fine.

/ 3 Point Hitch #25  
Thanks guys! Lots of good info. From what I'm hearing fabricating something for up front and driving backwards sounds like a lot less work. No big need for it right now just trying to gain some understanding for when the time comes. This is just one more project for the backburner right now. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ 3 Point Hitch #26  
Thanks guys! Lots of good info. From what I'm hearing fabricating something for up front and driving backwards sounds like a lot less work. No big need for it right now just trying to gain some understanding for when the time comes. This is just one more project for the backburner right now. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif