3-Point Hitch 3 Point Hitch

/ 3 Point Hitch #1  

Yardscaper

Bronze Member
Tractor
Polaris ASL 300, 1959 Economy Tractor
Does anyone have a 3 point hitch on a 2445? I have a 2445 with all of the controls for the 3 point hitch plumbed by PT, but could not swallow paying the large amount of money that PT wanted for the hitch when I made the initial purchase. I had purchased lift arms a few years ago, but just never got back to building it. If anyone has one, I would be interested in the size of cylinders needed for it and a good source for the types of cylinders needed. Thanks guys! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill

/ 3 Point Hitch #2  
I don't know about what you asked but I have a question, on the older 425s that had three point hitch instead of the quick attach plate will emplements from other manufacturers fit the power trac 425 or would you have to modify it to do so.

/ 3 Point Hitch #3  
I think the old non-quick attach was called a 3 point mount and is not the same as an agricultural 3pt hitch. Could be wrong, but that was my impression.

Ask Dave S. He has an older model with that type of attaching system.

/ 3 Point Hitch #4  
I have not found a source of cylinders that are similar to the one's used on the Power Trac. I like the swivel eyes on their cylinders but would not want to order them from Power Trac because they would mark them up more than I want to pay. Of course, they are in business to make money on tractor and implement sales, not support our aftermarket hobbies, so it doesn't bother me at all. That's their choice. Anyone have a source for these types of cylinders?

/ 3 Point Hitch
Yes, MossRoad is right, I am referring to the agricultural three point hitch that used to be an attachment sold by PT for the back of the 2445 using the same mounts as the backhoe. I am just trying to use it for agrucultural implements such as a box scraper or landscape rake. I am not looking to get fancy, in fact I can modify the lift arms to accept any type of mount that the cylinders may have, I am just wanting to know what type of cylinders to use, and their dimensions. Thank you everyone!

Bill

/ 3 Point Hitch #6  
MossRoad is correct...the older machine's used a 3-pin mounting deal that looks a little akin to a standard cat 1 3-point hitch, but it is not the same. The PT lift arms are fixed spacing, so even if the dimensions were right, there'd be no way to get the attachment hooked into them.

That said, there's certainly no reason you couldn't build an adapter with the quick attach plate to mount to the tractor (or the old 3-pin attachment plate) and a 3PH deal to mate up to any ag 3PH attachment. For that matter, buy one of those 3PH quick attachment deals (something like this 3-Point Quick Hitch @ Northern Tool) and weld a PT quick attach plate to it!

/ 3 Point Hitch #7  
Hey, not sure what to suggest. If you've got the ability to modify how it mounts, then I'd go with the cheapest cylinder that meets the necessary pressure and stroke requirements. I don't have any idea what size cylinder you'd actually need...perhaps someone who owns a traditional CUT will chime in!

/ 3 Point Hitch #8  
bringing an old thread back to life...

Anybody try this? Mounting a three point quick hitch to a quick aadaptor plate to allow using three point implements on the front lift arms of their power trac? The difficult part is that the width of the quick hitch is wider then the quick adaptor plate, so it probably would require an additional reinforcing bar across the bottom to provide secure attachment.

Something like this:
12835_lg.jpg

/ 3 Point Hitch #9  
I purchased one of these for my 3 pt hook up on the 1445, but gave up on the idea. I think mine was about $230. It would require an additional backing plate.

/ 3 Point Hitch #10  
I am kind of torn here... I think I might be better off mounting a quick attach plate on any 3 pt implements I get rather then manufacturing a three pt adaptor... when all is said and done, there are probably only a couple implements that I would buy, and the pain of shifting the adaptor plate from implement to implement would outweigh the benefit.