Oil change 422

/ Oil change 422 #1  

emr

Tractor
Power Trac PT422
What in the heck am I doing wrong. There is no reason we should need 2 afternoons, 3 filter wrenchs, 1 call to PowerTrac, removal of the heat shield, and removal of the gas tank just to change the oil filter.

Now, I'm not a mechanic but I consider myself fairly decent at throwing wrench..... What am I missing??? 20180406_133325.jpg20180406_133316.jpg

/ Oil change 422 #2  
First thing that hammer is to small, I would sell it if I had to do that much work for a simple oil change:2cents:

/ Oil change 422
Funny thing is that I actually thought I'd just buy a new loader every year instead of changing the oil again. It'll be a good write-off for the business.

/ Oil change 422 #4  
Got a picture of it all assembled?

Maybe we could tell you just how far down your forearm you'll need to bend your bones.

Or, hire child labor. They have smaller arms.

/ Oil change 422
I think I'm going to cut out the back to make it easier. No pics of the finished project. I just really can't believe how big of a PITA that was.

/ Oil change 422 #6  
In all seriousness, and I'm sure you already tried, I'd kneel on the left side of the machine with the left rear tire to my left, and reach in under that exhaust pipe with my left hand and try and get a strap wrench on it.

/ Oil change 422
Yeah, we tried that first. The new filter is slightly longer so I'm hoping that will help next time around.

/ Oil change 422 #8  
I know there are 2 different length filters for my Kohler, too.

Have you condsidered a remote oil filter kit? I don't know if they make them for the Robin. They make them for the Kohler.

/ Oil change 422
I don't even know what that is...... I'll have to take to Google.

/ Oil change 422 #10  
It's a plate with two hose fittings that fits in the original oil filter place on the engine. There are two hoses to attach to the two fittings. You run those hoses to a remote location, and attach them to an oil filter mounted somewhere more convenient.

I'm looking for pictures...
Here's a link with no pictures. I think its for your engine, but not sure.
ROBIN-SUBARU Part 9263:confused: ROBIN REMOTE OIL FILTER KIT 54"