$150 Forks

/ $150 Forks #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
Not quiet as good as specially made forks from Power Trac.. But but for less than half the price does the job done just fine.

Doing some work around the house this weekend cleaning up behind my shed and moving old lumber. Paid $150.00 for these clamp on forks E-bay rated to lift up to 1500 pounds with Free shipping. They have an adjustable cross bar that keeps them rock solid. I

Purposely kept the load light in these pictures to make sure they did not bend my bucket lip.
Happy to say there was no indication of that happening. I know I can load much more weight if needed next time around.

I even dug into the ground and pulled up some thick roots behind my shed came up without any effort worked great.

Attachments

• IMG_9429.JPG
    IMG_9429.JPG
    356.8 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_9450-001.JPG
    IMG_9450-001.JPG
    376.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_9461.JPG
    IMG_9461.JPG
    375.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_9471.JPG
    IMG_9471.JPG
    357.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_9479.JPG
    IMG_9479.JPG
    376.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
   / $150 Forks #2  
I have been thinking about getting a set of clamp on forks for my tractors, I could switch them from one tractor to another if I wanted to. How long are the forks you got?

/ $150 Forks #3  
Be careful digging with them... the hydraulics are decievingly powerful! I've bent my PT factory forks several times prying stumps out. :thumbsup:

/ $150 Forks
I have been thinking about getting a set of clamp on forks for my tractors, I could switch them from one tractor to another if I wanted to. How long are the forks you got?

Mine are only 30 inch long, enough for my needs. I just wanted to use them with a small pallet skid. Considering they are attached and extended from the Bucket lip. I didn't want to put to much pressure on the edge. They do make longer sets in various lengths.

I prefer the forks made by Power Trac having had a set for my last PT .. But I am more than pleased with this set well made and very strong with an adjustable stabilizer bar .. And considering all I paid $149.00 with free shipping a real bargain... Longer set below.

Titan COFLWSB Clamp On Pallet Forks With Stabilizer Bar | eBay

Last edited:
   / $150 Forks
Be careful digging with them... the hydraulics are decievingly powerful! I've bent my PT factory forks several times prying stumps out. :thumbsup:

Agreed ...

/ $150 Forks #6  
For root and stump digging I made a BIG clamp on HD tooth!

For the clamping end I made it about 8-10" wide to fit between my fork teeth.
For the tooth end I made it 16" or so long out of a front axle that I had in the scrap pile.
That axle was about 1" in diameter which I crudely sharpened with my grinder.

Works like a charm, pops the (sapling) roots real quick taking minimal soil along as the roots are pulled vs dug out.