PIVOT PIN REPLACEMENT

/ PIVOT PIN REPLACEMENT #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
This is a picture of the old pivot pin assembly. I cut it with a cement saw with a metal cutting blade. Took about 2 min per side.

Attachments

• 467046-old rollover assembly.JPG
    467046-old rollover assembly.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 358
   / PIVOT PIN REPLACEMENT
New rolllover assembly is different. Terry said it should work with a little more mechanical advantage . Note the thickness of the sleeve which is 3/8 in. The pin is close to 1 5/8 in.

Attachments

• 467051-rollover-pin.JPG
    467051-rollover-pin.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 261
   / PIVOT PIN REPLACEMENT
This is a picture of the two units.

Attachments

• 467056-tilt assembly.JPG
    467056-tilt assembly.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 297
   / PIVOT PIN REPLACEMENT #4  
What are the diameters of the new and old pins??

What is the thickness and oa diameter of the new and old sleeves??

How hard are these to repair?? I don't want to send the whole lift arm assembly to Tazewell!!

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ PIVOT PIN REPLACEMENT #5  
I sent in my entire lift arm assembly to Tazewell and let them replace the pivot pin. As the pin had broken and I was unable to remove it was easier to have PowerTrac do the job.
I did notice that the arms are the same on return but the pivot pin is thicker.
PJ

/ PIVOT PIN REPLACEMENT
It depends on the situation, if you bend an arm and pin, you have to replace the rollover assembly and pin. This is very easy to do. First you would grind the welding from the outside of the lift arms, there will be a little weldment in the cracks that the grinder could not get. If the pin and arm are frozen, just rotate the rollover assembly and it will break the rest of the weldment. The nest part is easy if you have a portable cement cutting saw with a metal blade. A 14 inch saw will cut through the arm and pin within a couple of minutes. you would cut just on the inside of the lift arms. You then knock out the cut off pieces.

The replacement is easy also. Check the opening on the lift arm to see if the pin will slide through, if not, use a grinder to open the hole . Place the rollover unit in the middle and make sure you place the correct side out and slide the pin in. Check length on the outside and weld in place.

/ PIVOT PIN REPLACEMENT
The thickness may not be the same as yours. My unit is a 1445. My total thickness on the rollover assembly is 2 3/8 in.