Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Polaris ASL 300, 1959 Economy Tractor

Default Dump angle

I was just curious if anyone has ever messed with making one of these machines, particularly the bucket loader 2400 series, achieve a steeper dump angle. This would make the machine a lot more productive for loading trucks, especially one with high sides. I am planning on toying with this aspect of it this winter. Any insight would be helpful.

Tractor
    JD318, Power-Trac PT425 with scuffed-up green paint.

Default Re: Dump angle

My understanding is that for those who need to load trucks, the 4 in 1 offers a good solution - you don't need to 'tilt' to dump - just open the jaws.

-Rob [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Power-trac 422 January 2003 model

I thought about building a portable ramp.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    p.t. 425

my fix to that was to cut out a back in loading area thats about 10'' lower than the drive way that way ill have lots of clearance and can fill it in with gravel and have a place for my sons old beater /oil leaker plus it gave me a nice excuse to use the bucket for practice on the lil green machine [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

On my 1445, my tilt arm has two positions that can be used, probably for different attachments. A cheap solution would be to make a special tilt arm for your application. It could be as simple as a 3/4x2 inx30 in. Bore 3 or four holes that might fit your situation.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Polaris ASL 300, 1959 Economy Tractor

This may work on the smaller machines, but I am not sure how that would work for a bucketloader. The bar is a cylinder shape that has a set position and is attached using ball joints. But this may be a viable option. I may try to experiment with that suggestion. My 1425 had a bar that was desgned with extra holes.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    MF 2300

Yardscaper,
    I've always wondered if I could replace the dump connecting arm on my 422 with an adjustable 3 point hitch top link with the appropriate size ends on it. I could then lengthen it to get a steeper dump angle on the bucket, and shorten it for other attachments. Someday I'll get around to it...