New Owner 425

/ New Owner 425 #1  

TanSprFarm

Tractor
PT 425, Ford 1720, JD 265
I discovered the PT and Tractorbynet while looking for Steiner info. After reading your posts for about 6 months I visited Tazewell last week and purchased the 425, with about 10 attachments. I am retiring (Pres of an engineering firm) soon and plan to expand our horse boarding operation and do lawn and landscape work. Starting small with hopes for growth. I selected the 425 because of its versatility. Last weekend I used the 60" mower on lawn, and the 48" bush hog in heavy pasture , and I am generally pleased with the results. Our land is very hilly. I am using the mini hoe and both the grapple bucket and the 4 in 1 bucket to tear out a concrete floor in the barn. The manuverability & power is awesome. Has about 15 hard hours on it, with no problems. No overheating, no vaporlock, no refueling issues, the Robin starts and runs like a top. Thanks for all of the info you shared over the last 6 months, it was key to my decision to purchase the 425.

/ New Owner 425 #2  
Great post, thanks for sharing and congratulations on your purchase. We love to hear from new owners and hope you will continue to share your experiences with everyone.
PJ

/ New Owner 425 #3  
Congrats - and welcome to TBN. I enjoy the utility and versatility and FUN of my 425. What does your engineering firm do? (I am also a gear-head) Did you take any pictures yet?

Sincerely,

Rob /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Owner 425 #4  
Welcome to TBN and congratulations on your purchase! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Owner 425 #5  
Welcome and congrats!! You have made a wise purchase! Any questions?? Just post!!

After you retire, you will work twice as long and twice as hard for half the money! Retirement isn't doing nothing, it's doing what you want to do when you want to do it!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ New Owner 425
No pictures yet. I am retiring from an A & E firm in Lancaster Pa.

/ New Owner 425
Architects and Engineers, We specialize in designing food processing plants.

Joe

/ New Owner 425 #9  
Congratulations and welcome to the PowerTrac forum. I got my PT425 in May 2004 and I just love it. Every time I see a John Deere, Kubota or other CUT, I think how lucky I am to have my 425. Without the internet and this forum, I would never have known that the PowerTrac's existed. I have 55 hrs on my PT and I have used 8 of the 9 implements I purchased with the PT. I haven't used the snow blade yet, but I live in North Dakota, so just give me another month or two. All of the implements have exceeded my expectations with the exception of the rototiller. It works, but it is not quite as good as I expected. In keeping with the Olympics, I give my PT425 a score of 9.5 out of a possible 10.

/ New Owner 425 #10  
Ahhh yes, another Pennsylvania PT owner! Good to see you here. My future son-in -law lives in Akron(seems to be in your neck of the woods) and is a heavy equipment operator...was up here last week and used my 422 on our dirt lane.....was impressed what he could do with such a "small" machine! This week-end I will most likely be changing the hyd. filter(1st time /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) and sharpening the mower blades(have hit a few things that I shouldn't have! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif).....this after I use the PT to help raise part of our deck so I can level it off(don't know who installed it but it's sinking!).