Shorter Oil Filter for PT425

/ Shorter Oil Filter for PT425 #1  

catsco

Silver Member
Tractor
PT425
Earlier I posted a note about the non-Kohler oil filter for the PT425 that everyone listed is too long for the way that the engine is configured in my PT. Those longer filters would work, but could not be removed or installed because the distance from the engine to the left side of the frame is too short.

My PT therefore has a shorter filter from the factory.

I was finally able to determine (with the help of a knowledgable person at Pep Boys Auto Parts) that the identical, but shorter, filter is a Purolator L10241. The longer one (I think) is the Purolator H32010.

The shorter filter obviously has less surface area, but is identical in all other specs.

I'm still tempted to cut a 4" diameter hole is the side of the 'tub' to permit use of the longer one, which would be entirely in the tub, but about 1/4" from the side.

I suppose if I were building a PT, I would use the long filter, install the engine, and sit back and wait for the angry phone calls. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark H.

/ Shorter Oil Filter for PT425 #2  
<font color="red"> I suppose if I were building a PT, I would use the long filter, install the engine, and sit back and wait for the angry phone calls. </font>

Your one sick puppy catsco /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Shorter Oil Filter for PT425 #3  
My 425 can use the long or short oli filter without any problems regarding fit. As it is a Command Pro the longer long is what I have been using.
PJ