Where do i put this or keep that?

/ Where do i put this or keep that? #1  

stray

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power-trac 422 2003 model and 428 January 2015 model
Guys I have one more subject to start then I’ll back off for awhile. I was wondering if any of you have installed tool boxes, mounts for tools or any other thing that is carried along when you use your PT. Pictures would be great. I am sure some of you have come up with some nifty Ideas. I have found that carrying any thing with you on a PT is a hassle.

/ Where do i put this or keep that? #2  
I've thought about it, but the only thing I ever want to carry is a bottle of water. It fits behind my heel in the left footwell. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Really, I have never been on the PT and felt like I needed anything. It is a toolbox in itself. If I need to work somewhere out on our property, I'll put the small bucket in the large bucket, then the forks in that. Drop in a shovel or ax and a couple of chains and off I go.

Not being smug or anything, but I feel no need to carry hand tools on it on a regular basis. What kind of tools and things are you interested in carry on the PT?

/ Where do i put this or keep that? #3  
I carry a 20' Tow Chain inside the engine compartment in a plastic jug.

The handiest addition to my PT-425 during these 90+ NC summer days has been my Sweat Rag! It's just a kitchen towel attached to the rear of the ROPS canopy with a large paper clamp.
Mounted at the center of the rear edge directly behind the driver keeps it out of sight and clean. When my head becomes soaked with sweat, or I drive through a spider's web, all I have to do is lean my head back to wipe my face and head without removing the Sweat Rag from its clamp.
Then the Rag falls back into its position above part of the hydraulic oil cooling fan which runs continuously. Within minutes the Sweat Rag is warm and DRY, ready for the next mopping!!

HeadRag.jpg

The white top helps a lot to reduce radiant heat from the canopy!!

Whenever I park the PT I place my driving gloves, cold and wet in Winter, or just wet in Summer, on top of the hydraulic oil cooling fan. When I come back, the driving gloves are usually warm and dry, and I know right where to find them!!

AAA_smiley__.jpg

/ Where do i put this or keep that? #4  
I mounted a bicycle water bottle holder from WalMart in the rear of each foot well on my 1845 as they rolled under the treadle too often in my hilly terrain otherwise.

I also mounted a 4" high plastic bin on the top front of the engine cover for things like gloves or trash I pick up while out and about.

/ Where do i put this or keep that?
Moss I guess my situation may be a little different. Many times I am from 100 to 600 Yards from my shop building. Little things such as the punch to disconnect the lines when pressure builds up. Mainly a jiffy kit (channel locks, crescent wrench and a screw driver). Also that grabber thing to pick up trash, a place to put it and the trash would be great. Fourteen sure had some simple but nifty ideas and Rips tool box sounds interesting. Looks like there is a little space where you all keep your water bottles. That is interesting. A tow chain may not be something I would carry but that idea lets me think about that space. I hope to get some other ideas later on and at the same time see some interesting ones.

/ Where do i put this or keep that? #6  
"" A tow chain may not be something I would carry ""

The tow chain is for dragging logs or tree tops through the woods where it is too narrow to carry them in the jaws of my Grapple. Under the hood it's always there, but out of the way.

For woods work, I use a 21 gallon plastic storage box (~$4 at WalMart) in which I carry my chainsaw, chain oil, gas can, bar wrench, screwdriver, ear muffs, axe, HD gloves, paper towels, snack, drink, wedges, and hand saw. The box is held firmly in the jaws of my Grapple until I reach the worksite. Then I put the box on the ground close by but out of harms way. After each use each tool goes back in the box so I don't have to try to remember where I left it while using another tool. After making a trip to the burn pile, I can easily find just where I was working by going back to the storage box. I have a nice red one, but I'd really like one in yellow!

Wider_TBN_.jpg

PS: Thanks for the kind words!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Where do i put this or keep that?
That Grapple must be a good tool. I’m sure thinking about pasting one on my rock bucket. Great idea about the red box too. My dad was in the navy so I have been well taught to put things back in there place. Thanks for the ideas.

/ Where do i put this or keep that? #8  
<font color="blue"> Also that grabber thing to pick up trash, a place to put it and the trash would be great. </font>

Now there is an idea that I forgot about. I use to carry a 5 gallon bucket on my lawn tractor and a trash spear. It was very convenient right behind the seat. No real good place for it on the PT and I miss it. I suppose it would be very easy to put one on the engine cover. On teh rear of the tractor my exhaust would melt it and I would also have to get off to get to it. Maybe on one side of the engine cover would be a good place. I'll have to think about it some more. Thanks for poking my memory! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Where do i put this or keep that? #9  
Stray, I am a pack rat, so I carry of lot of stuff. I have a roof rack made of 2 X 4s screwed to a sheet of 1/4 inch plywood. The plywood is screwed to the ROP. I carry a 2000 lb winch and straps, hammer, adapta ball for the trailer hoop up, a come along on the back and other tools in two tool boxes bolted in front of and behind the fan. I live in a low area and have been stuck in the swamp many time. I have attached a picture.

Attachments

• 524211-Top View of ROP Rack crp.JPG
    524211-Top View of ROP Rack crp.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 568
   / Where do i put this or keep that? #10  
Some pictures of tool boxes mounted in front of and behind the fan on the 422. I keep paper towels, silicon spray, adjustable wrenches, a hammer, screw driver, and a bolt to break the hydralic pressure loose on 1/4 inch fittings. There is probably other stuff too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifActaully you could put ice and drinks in one of the boxes. A chisel comes in handy to knock rocks out of the trencher chain.

BobRip

Attachments

• 524215-Front View of Tool Boxes crp.JPG
    524215-Front View of Tool Boxes crp.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 492