It works in a parade too!

/ It works in a parade too! #1  

BobRip

Elite Member
Tractor
2000 Power Trac 422
I am attaching a picture of my Power Trac 422 pushing a 15 foot trailer with about 10 people (mostly small children) on it. People seemed surprised that the trailer could be pushed.

My trailer attachement plate is a modified potato digger with the blade removed and at trailer hitch welded to it. It can still be used as a potato digger by bolting the blade back on.

Attachments

• 516954-Parade 2004.JPG
    516954-Parade 2004.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 469
   / It works in a parade too! #2  
Sounds like good utilization of the potato digger. Send us a pic of that too. When I push a trailer it is fairly easy but I find that I can't do a lot of site seeing.

/ It works in a parade too! #3  
"" I can't do a lot of site seeing ""

Put the hitch on the rear (see #395003 ). It is cheaper, easier, does not require welding, allows the use of all attachments, is easier to drive long distances, saves the Potato Digger for digging potatoes, and you can site see!!

Rear_TBN.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ It works in a parade too!
I will try that soon. On the front I find it easy to put the trailer exactly where I want it. It sounds silly, but a little bit of practice makes it pretty easy. Site seeing is out though. You must watch constantly.

/ It works in a parade too! #5  
Years ago when I worked at the airport I used a modified wheel horse tractor called an Air Horse to move airplanes around(Click here for pictures, the company is still in business). It was very easy to put planes right where you wanted them by facing them as you back them in. Notice the lack of a front axle and the seat is on the hood. You had the steering wheel between your legs, your left heel on the brake and your right hand on the directional/speed control. It was surprisingly easy to use and get used to. As you stepped on the brake the directional control would automatically center and if you pushed on the directional control, the brake would come off... just like the treadle on the PT, except you used one hand and one foot instead of both feet. It was my first experience with articulated vehicles and I drove them for about 6 years. They, too were easy to get into "Pucker Mode" as if you flew along forward then jammed it in reverse the hood would drop to the ground and the rear wheels would come off the ground a couple of feet. If you were really good you could crank the wheel around fast and send the rear section around so fast the whole unit could do a 180 in its own length and you'd be heading the other direction. They, too had gas engines and a hydrostatic drive as well as a pump to provide the hydraulic pressure for the ram that lifted the nose gear of the airplane off the ground. Now, airplanes are very light on the nose, but these things could move the smallest planes as well as some pretty big stuff. We often moved large turbo props with these things. I once moved a DC3 with one!

/ It works in a parade too! #6  
Very interesting!! But since I haven't got a DC3 to move around, and spend more time traveling with my trailers than parking them, I'll stay with the rear trailer hitch!!

With this setup I'm ready for any woodland job>>>

DR__TBN.jpg

PS: That's not me!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 517664-DR__TBN.jpg
    517664-DR__TBN.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 129
I put a ball directly on the 422 hitch and it is kind of close to the tractor. When I attach the trailer the front lip of the hitch rubs on the back of the 422 until it is mostly down. It looks like you have an extension of some kind. Can you describe it or show a close up and tell me where you got it.

Thanks

/ It works in a parade too! #8  
Read "Re: It works in a parade too! [Re: stray]
#517024 - 10/22/04 01:04 AM " above for link to installation at "(see #395003 )"!! After that, ask about anything that isn't clear!

Thanks for the link. One problem, how do I get to it?

Bob Ripley /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif