Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Power Trac 425

Default One burn pile down, five to go!

I've started to rip out briars and some of the vines growing on the trees near a stream bed. This creates some pretty good piles of stuff to be burned. Tonight, the first one went up in flames. I'll be ripping more out this week.

Man, I love this little tractor and I haven't even cut any grass yet!

Tractor
    2004 Power Trac PT-425

Default Re: One burn pile down, five to go!

Be careful that you don't burn any Poison Ivy vines!!! A friend of ours in IL did. She inhaled some of the smoke, and it nearly killed her!!

Check out the Poison Ivy, Oak, & Sumac Information Center !!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Power Trac 425

Good thoughts!

I did not think about that! I will be upwind of the fire from now on as there is poison ivy in there too.

Jim!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    p.t. 425

yeah that poison ivy is ruff stuff . i cut down a tree next to my driveway a couple of years ago and being that i have never had any poison ivy get on me before i thought i was immune to it . boy what a wake up call i got after i bear hugged a nice piece of that tree trunk to throw it in an open top dumpster bare chested and all . i didint think id ever get over that stuff one reason im looking to either make or buy a tree shear . just to stay away from all shrubs and small trees needing pruning or cutting back and down