Electrical diagram PT-1445

/ Electrical diagram PT-1445 #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
I am lookig for an electrical diagram for a mid 90's PT-1445 with the 45 hp gas Ford engine.

I am having starter problems. Have replaced the ign switch. but I can't figured why there is voltage at the start terminal when I turn the switch to the on position. When i turn the switch to the start position, the start motor will try to motor, or turn slow.

When I touch the 12v lug, and the start terminal, the engine starts right up. So right now, I have to lift the hood and put a screw driver across the start terminal and 12v to start. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Bummer!!!!!!!!! Any ideas?

/ Electrical diagram PT-1445 #2  
How does the solenoid look? I've seen where corrosion on the copper button inside will produce too much resistance i.e. voltage drop so there isn't much left for the starter. Can you get a voltage measurement across the starter when you try to start normally? Or maybe check your resistance at the solenoid when actuated would be easier.

Warning don't take my word for it cause im not a mechanic. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Electrical diagram PT-1445
I fixed my problem with the starting. I happen to be looking around the area of the neutral switch, and noticed the two wires going to the neutral switch looked like they were touching. I separated the wires a bit. and now the engine starts up on the first click. I am not sure how the neutral switch is utilized in the start circuit, as I don't have a wiring diagram. Is it a plunger type, or magnetic type switch. I don't see a plunger, so I will leave it alone for right now.