425 lifting capacity

/ 425 lifting capacity #1  

jol1269

Silver Member
Tractor
p.t. 425
today i was moving around the weight room at home when i figured well i might as well see what the weight lifting capacity really is while im moving all the weights . so i loaded up 500 lbs of olympic plates i then grabed a long piece of scrap play wood for a reach to the joystick and stood on the plates as i had already cranked up the lil beast and set the brake on it then i rerach out and lightly pushed the joy stick and up i went . keep in mind now i weigh 330 lbs along with the 500 lbs of plates thats 830 lbs so since it lifted this easy i added another 100 lbs it also went up easy we me ontop of the plates but not as fast but i could feel the back tires getting lighter. so with out my extra counterweight on the seat the load i found was 930 lbs , with me in the seat not sure of how much of a difference it would have made but atleast i know im getting my 800 lb capacity lol money well spent

/ 425 lifting capacity #2  
We appreciate the data - not unexpected - but request that you repeat the test, and post photo documentation. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 425 lifting capacity #3  
Yes greatly appreciated, the photos would be nice but if you didn't have anyone to work the joy stick I guess you didn't have any one to take pictures. LOL Thanks again for the info.

/ 425 lifting capacity #4  
That's pretty cool!

Thanks for the infromation. I've heard that the lifting capacity of the 425 is really underestimated.

Did you have the throttle at full?

I love to see a pic myself. Smart idea with the weights.

Keep it safe... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 425 lifting capacity #5  
LOL i gotta say, I sure had a funny picture in my head from your discription. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 425 lifting capacity #6  
Were you counting the weight of the implement, too? For example, were you using the large or small bucket or the forks?

/ 425 lifting capacity
ok i was using the forks and i did in fact have the throttle wide open and you guessed it i had no one to take any pics of the test. the one thing i wish is that i had been in the seat to really see what it would lift with me in the seat instead of on the pile of plates on the forks . but i am pretty sure it would probabley lift between 950- 975lbs if i had kept on carrying plates and if i were in the seat. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 425 lifting capacity #8  
Great test. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Still would have liked to see a picture of that, though! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif